#117421  by vwjodyme

just fyi for those on facebook or in indiana. the page deadheadland posted a pic of a guy holding tiger earlier today. if you click the link it takes you to his page where he says it is at the indiana state museum and he got to play it! he is also answering some questions that people are asking.
 #117466  by TI4-1009

Yeah, yeah, it's the old joke: "Guy walks into Jim Irsay's office..." :shock:

"http://www.facebook.com/gpoulos"
 #117492  by jkstraw

Hmm - that photo makes me realize I had my 1/4" jacks wired backwards. My mono out is closer to the mini-toggles! Doh! :oops:
 #117509  by Pete B.

Quarterpounder wrote:He is using the wrong pickup!
All in fun of course... but, Jerry would never finger an F-chord like that!...
He uses his thumb to grab the 6th string, with his index covering just the first 2 (E & B) strings... a completely different wrist position.
Check any Terrapin vid.
Stop this vid on the words "Lions Den" at 2:04-2:05 for a clear shot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k77EE3a7DUg
 #117511  by TI4-1009

Beatles always played barre chords the Jer way too, I learned and always used the full 1st finger barre, gotta work on that option.

In the poor guy's defense, he may not have been there to do his best Jerry impersonation (although if it were me with limited Tiger time I sure would have been stuck on middle pickup split!)
 #117515  by Quarterpounder

Gloves were just for the picture of course. I'm sure there was at least a little China Cat(gloves off) while no one was looking. Please tell me it's so!
p.s. His cable almost looks like a speaker cable. My stomach is starting to turn a little.
 #117516  by Quarterpounder

Ok- I just got Vinced! I met Vince on multiple occasions and he was a hell of a fun guy. I tried to leave a show(The Noodles) in Phoenix during the break. He jumped in front of my truck and yelled that I must stay. A very fun time! I'm happy with Vince, just don't Koons me without an explanation guys!
 #117518  by Phil Lesh101

seamones wrote:How come Waldo had to wear rubber gloves???? :lol:
That is a good question, maybe because this guy doesn't care about treating this piece of art with care
 #117522  by broesau

I believe the gloves were required by the R & R Hall of Fame Museum. They treat everything there with the same care the Smithsonian does.
 #117524  by TI4-1009

Phil Lesh101 wrote:
seamones wrote:How come Waldo had to wear rubber gloves???? :lol:
That is a good question, maybe because this guy doesn't care about treating this piece of art with care
Ha! Jer would chuckle himself to death if he ever saw that!

I make it a practice never to play any guitar with rubber gloves on. I'm bad enough as it is....

(insert (so to speak) prophylactic joke here...)
 #117526  by caspersvapors

you can see Jim Irsays reflection in the mirror

and I might be completely insane, but the other reflection looks like Pete Townshend

edit: btw the responses in this thread are stupid, it stinks of jealousy around here. seriously nitpicking this dude? If someone offered me a chance to play Tiger Im picking that shit up with my bare hands and jamming the shit out of that thing