Chat about Equipment Info
 #117430  by zambiland

Tennessee Jedi wrote:No love for T.C. ?
He is all over Live Dead !
8)
Lots of love for TC. I've played with him a few times. Sadly, he recently suffered a heart attack, but the word I got is that he's recovering. Hell of a fun guy to chat with if you can also speak German, French and Latin.
 #117431  by zambiland

Phil Lesh101 wrote:Brent was the best thing that ever happened the dead IMO.
But like said above I made a post about the whole thing before! :smile:
Geez, kids today! 8)

Seriously, though. It was pretty cool to see him on that first east coast tour before we even knew that Keith and Donna were gone. That Billerica show was tons of fun!
 #117447  by Rusty the Scoob

zambiland wrote:
Phil Lesh101 wrote:Brent was the best thing that ever happened the dead IMO.
But like said above I made a post about the whole thing before! :smile:
Geez, kids today! 8)

Seriously, though. It was pretty cool to see him on that first east coast tour before we even knew that Keith and Donna were gone. That Billerica show was tons of fun!
Billerica, MA???
 #117495  by Rusty the Scoob

Phil Lesh101 wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:Billerica, MA???
What does this mean?
It's a small suburb/town near me that I really doubt the GD ever played, especially in 1979 or later. It must be a different Billerica that he's talking about.
 #117497  by TI4-1009

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
Phil Lesh101 wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:Billerica, MA???
What does this mean?
It's a small suburb/town near me that I really doubt the GD ever played, especially in 1979 or later. It must be a different Billerica that he's talking about.
05/11/79
Billerica Forum - Billerica, MA
Set 1:
Mississippi Half-Step
Franklin's Tower
Mama Tried
Mexicali Blues
Peggy-O
It's All Over Now
Brown-Eyed Women
Lazy Lightnin'
Supplication

Set 2:
Shakedown Street
Passenger
Ship Of Fools
Estimated Prophet
Eyes Of The World
Drums
Black Peter
I Need A Miracle
Bertha
Good Lovin'
 #117499  by Rusty the Scoob

Wow, sure enough! I'm surprised they played a high-school hockey rink that late in their careers, but I guess it was a last-minute booking to fill a hole in the schedule. Must have been awesome to be there!
 #117502  by Counterstriker

I don't want to bash Vince or anything (RIP) because I'm sure he was a great guy, but what was jerry thinking when they picked him? I heard an estimated prophet from 1991 and Jerry is going in the end solo and I hear vince come in with this horrible sounding trumpet patch COMPLETELY over powering Jerry.. I wonder what Rob Barraco (sp?) was doing at the time, he would have been great match for them.

My friend from Retro Linear is working on Robs Fender Rhodes which was actually Brent's that he recorded and gigged live with.. I'll try to get some pictures if he lets me!
 #117503  by tigger

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Wow, sure enough! I'm surprised they played a high-school hockey rink that late in their careers, but I guess it was a last-minute booking to fill a hole in the schedule. Must have been awesome to be there!
This IS really funny if you've ever been there.
There's a recording on archive.org but I seem to remember the audience clapping along nonstop, which made it hard to listen to.

Hey, "White Punks on Dope" just came on the radio! Vince's finest hour.
 #117512  by Grateful Dad

tigger wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:Wow, sure enough! I'm surprised they played a high-school hockey rink that late in their careers, but I guess it was a last-minute booking to fill a hole in the schedule. Must have been awesome to be there!
This IS really funny if you've ever been there.
There's a recording on archive.org but I seem to remember the audience clapping along nonstop, which made it hard to listen to.

Hey, "White Punks on Dope" just came on the radio! Vince's finest hour.
WPOD! With Vince and Fee "Waldo" Waybill 1983:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkdQyyChTlw

:lol: