rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #116985  by Cmnaround
 Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:20 am
Wow what a show! Here is a breakdown posted from Hidden Track:
Also stream will ba available on yahoo this weekend

The Wheel > Cumberland Blues (Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Donna Jean Godchaux, Neal Casal, Jon Graboff, Jason Roberts, Joe Russo, Jeff Chimenti),

Loser (Casal, Russo, Weir, Mike Gordon, Chimenti, Godchaux, Jim Lauderdale, Roberts, Graboff, Adam McDougall),

Mississippi Half Step (Weir, Gordon, Jim Lauderdale, Godchaux, Graboff, Casal, Chimenti, Russo),

Dire Wolf (Weir, Harper Simon, Gordon, Russo, Godchaux, Graboff, Chimenti, Josh Kaufman, Sam Cohen),

Dupree’s Diamond Blues (Chimenti, Casal, Russo, Gordon, Cass McCombs, Sam Cohen, Josh Kaufman),

Tennessee Jed (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Gordon, Weir, Roberts, Graboff),

Ship Of Fools (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Gordon, Weir, Graboff), 

They Love Each Other (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Jonathan Wilson, Graboff),

Bird Song (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Graboff),

New Speedway Boogie (Chimenti, McDougall, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Roberts, Graboff),

Loose Lucy (Weir Solo Acoustic),

Friend of the Devil (Lauderdale, Simon, McCombs),

Mission In The Rain (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, RussYo, Gordon, Wilson),

Ramble On Rose (Chimenti, Casal, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Wilson), 

Catfish John (McDougall, Chimenti, Casal, Russo, Godchaux, Gordon, Weir, Wilson, Graboff)

Shakedown Street (McDougall, Chimenti, Simon, Godchaux, Chris Tomson, Godchaux, Gordon, Weir, Kaufman, Cohen),

Terrapin Station (Chimenti, Godchaux, Russo, Gordon, McCombs, Weir, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff),

He’s Gone (Chimenti, Russo, Godchaux, Weir, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff),

Eyes Of The World (McDougall, Chimenti, Simon, Godchaux, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Lauderdale, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff),

Scarlet Begonias (Chimenti, Craig Finn, Tad Kubler, Russo, Godchaux, Weir, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff),

Don’t Let Go (Chimenti, Finn, Godchaux, Graboff, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Wilson, Simon),

Days Between (Chimenti, Casal, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Kaufman, Wilson, Cohen)

> Franklin’s Tower (Chimenti, McDougall, Casal, Russo, Simon, Weir, Wilson, Godchaux, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff, Tomson, Lauderdale),

U.S. Blues (Chimenti, McDougall, Casal, Russo, Simon, Weir, Wilson, Godchaux, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff, Lauderdale, Finn),

Goin’ Down The Road Feelin’ Bad (Chimenti, McDougall, Casal, Russo, Simon, Weir, Wilson, Godchaux, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff, McCombs, Lauderdale, Finn),

Ripple (Chimenti, McDougall, Godchaux, Simon, Wilson, Tomson, Casal, Roberts, Kaufman, Weir, Gordon, Russo, Wilson, Lauderdale, Graboff)
 #116987  by PaulJay
 Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 am
This was truly an amazing show. And like Bob said, I don't know who the hell anyone is. Thanks for posting the list.
 #116989  by waldo041
 Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:23 am
this was an awesome tribute! imo, Everyone played great but Mike Gordon was the highlight of the night, dude laid it down Lesh style and kept it all together!

~waldo
 #116991  by Phil Lesh101
 Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 am
I wish Phil didn't have to leave and play with yonder mountain String Band at his place!
I loved the whole thing especially the end when they played Morning Dew from Alpine Valley 1989, Then played To lay me Down during the credits :cry: :smile:
 #116992  by gr8fullfred
 Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:03 am
Also have to comment on the technology aspect of the show. Very high quality vid and audio that streamed quite smoothly on my internet connection. What would Jerry think of this? High quality aud and vid streamed directly to the living rooms of the deadheads. Hey man, that's cool!
 #117010  by TI4-1009
 Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:53 pm
TRI told me it would be available on Yahoo Music for two months, I can't seen to find it- yet. Anyone? Sirius will be rebroadcasting audio a few times this week.
 #117127  by vwjodyme
 Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:45 am
waldo041 wrote:this was an awesome tribute! imo, Everyone played great but Mike Gordon was the highlight of the night, dude laid it down Lesh style and kept it all together!

~waldo
I was wondering about that,Lesh style. They kept showing close ups on his hands then when Gordon came in his hands were doing the exact same things, same pick attack, muting the strings, etc... I was wondering if that was phil style or if lots of bassist play that way. Guess i've never focused on the bass player when watching a band.

Anyone know who any of the other guys where? I saw some were from chris robinson's band, and some were from vampire weekend ( a new alt rock band i think)
 #117238  by jeffm725
 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:59 am
vwjodyme wrote:
waldo041 wrote:this was an awesome tribute! imo, Everyone played great but Mike Gordon was the highlight of the night, dude laid it down Lesh style and kept it all together!

~waldo
I was wondering about that,Lesh style. They kept showing close ups on his hands then when Gordon came in his hands were doing the exact same things, same pick attack, muting the strings, etc... I was wondering if that was phil style or if lots of bassist play that way. Guess i've never focused on the bass player when watching a band.

Anyone know who any of the other guys where? I saw some were from chris robinson's band, and some were from vampire weekend ( a new alt rock band i think)
Nah, that is Total unique Phil style. Mike Gordon just LOVES Phil and loves GD material and can nail that shit all day long. If Gordon wasn't in the most successful touring band since GD he would probably be on rukind in the bass forum discussing the minutiae of "phil tone" and "phil style" with all the rest of us nuts. :smile: He's a total Gearhead. Back in the 90's before the first Phish hiatus one of the Dead road crew brought Phil's rig out to Shoreline so Mike could play through it and check it out. He KNOWS that stuff. I dare say that DSO with Mike Gordon on bass would be scary, scary good. Not a knock on Kevin Rosen at all, great player. But Mike is intimate with the "Phil zone". When he is afforded the opportunity to play in that style you can close your eyes and be convinced you are hearing Phil, he can get that close.
 #117241  by tigger
 Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:37 am
All I caught was Scarlet Begonias. Whovever that guy was singing deserves a heavy fine, if not jail time.
 #117244  by dleonard
 Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:59 am
tigger wrote:All I caught was Scarlet Begonias. Whovever that guy was singing deserves a heavy fine, if not jail time.
Unfortunately, there are tons of guys out there who dress up like Elvis Costello and consider themselves "musicians". Watch the bands on any late night show. ughh
 #117265  by Grant
 Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 am
Great to see Casal and Graboff together again. Wish the Cardinals could reform
 #117288  by Octal
 Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:37 pm
Something was up that night. I tuned in and started watching; they were playing Tennessee Jed. After listening for a minute I thought "This would be cool, but I'm not a huge fan of Casey Jones."

About half way through the bridge I realized what song was actually playing.
 #117313  by TI4-1009
 Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 am
Phil Lesh101 wrote:How do you think Mike Gordon plays like Phil. Saying that is like slapping Phil in the face with a dead possum. :-x
WTF???????