rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #117196  by Stella Bloo
 Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:30 pm
It really is a sweet guitar and sounds terrific through the 110's.

Trying to uplead photos but says the "board attachment quota has been reached". I'll try later.
 #117197  by mijknahs
 Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:40 pm
GNMOne wrote:Hey Kidz...
I had to have one of Phils guitars sooo...I ordered one.
I had no problem with e-mail contact...and only one time had to wait more then a few hours for a reply.
I sent the Down Payment of $2225 for a T3 with the FX Loop/Bypass about two weeks ago.
He said that his current batch is almost complete and I should have the guitar soon.
He has added both Rosebud and Tiger inlay panels as well as personalizing the bottom brass fret for me.
I will post a replay to this to let everyone know how it went.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 1310_n.jpg[/url]
That's a sweet looking guitar. It looks like Phil has definitely improved. I like the smooth curves of the carved top as opposed to his older method where it was more "scalloped" looking.
 #117199  by mijknahs
 Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:41 pm
By the way, how much is a T2 or T3?
 #117210  by TI4-1009
 Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:49 am
Phil doesn't make a T2 any more (with the white "phenolic" layers in the body), he only makes the T3 with brass edge inlay. T3 lists for $4500. I got mine for less than that because I asked for it without electronics and with a few "deletes" from the standard.

http://www.philgawen.com/phigaguitars.htm

I'm smitten with mine. Just beautiful.
 #117214  by mijknahs
 Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:56 am
TI4-1009 wrote:Phil doesn't make a T2 any more (with the white "phenolic" layers in the body), he only makes the T3 with brass edge inlay. T3 lists for $4500. I got mine for less than that because I asked for it without electronics and with a few "deletes" from the standard.

http://www.philgawen.com/phigaguitars.htm

I'm smitten with mine. Just beautiful.
Thanks. When you say less, do you mean like $500 less or something close to that?
 #119114  by GNMOne
 Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:50 pm
I received my PHIGA Tiger 3 today...
MONEY WELL SPENT!
It is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever held in my hands and played.
The workmanship is outstanding...I'd give it a 95 out of 100...there's two or three minor ( and I mean almost impossible to see if you aren't going over it with a magnifying glass...) defects.
A place or two where the brass doesn't quite line up and you can see a hairline between the brass pieces...
I have to say it is one of the most solid instruments I've ever held...
And the sound ( for the gear I've got ) is amazing...
She sings and growls like no other guitar I've ever played!
Thank You Phil Gawen for making me a Dead Heads DREAM GUITAR!
 #119115  by mijknahs
 Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:07 pm
GNMOne wrote:I received my PHIGA Tiger 3 today...
MONEY WELL SPENT!
It is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever held in my hands and played.
The workmanship is outstanding...I'd give it a 95 out of 100...there's two or three minor ( and I mean almost impossible to see if you aren't going over it with a magnifying glass...) defects.
A place or two where the brass doesn't quite line up and you can see a hairline between the brass pieces...
I have to say it is one of the most solid instruments I've ever held...
And the sound ( for the gear I've got ) is amazing...
She sings and growls like no other guitar I've ever played!
Thank You Phil Gawen for making me a Dead Heads DREAM GUITAR!
That's awesome but you really need to share some good pics.
 #119122  by TI4-1009
 Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:22 pm
Enjoy GNMOne! From one Phiga Tiger owner to another- glad you like it. "Solid" is a word I use to describe mine too- it sure is. Reminds me in that way of my old Gibson Firebird from high school- dense, solid.

Yeah- let's see some pics!