#116614  by seniorpesca

this is exactly why i joined this site. I am learning alot from all of you and it is helping alot! thanks
 #116672  by seniorpesca

#116687  by czyfingers

Looks good in the pics. I'd guess it's an original cone, but the dust cap has been replaced by the looks of it. As long as it's working ok, thats a good price.
 #116689  by seniorpesca

czyfingers wrote:Looks good in the pics. I'd guess it's an original cone, but the dust cap has been replaced by the looks of it. As long as it's working ok, thats a good price.

awesome, yeah the guy said its original cones and that they were in his 100w musicman combo i think he said.

either way this might be a wayyyy better deal the other guy for the 16ohm was charging bout double per speaker but i think his look to be in way better condition
 #116690  by joethepainter

Yes, the cones look to be original. I've been told that one way to check if it's a recone is if the back of the cone has writing on it, like 'e120-8', for example. Maybe someone with more knowledge and experience than me could comment on that bit of lore. Here's some basic reconing info I found doing a quick google search...http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/recone.html
Check out the 'Voice coil burnout or rubbing' section...HTH
 #116711  by mijknahs

They look kind of old and dusty but if they work, then everything's good! Just make sure they aren't blown or rubbing, OK?
 #116814  by joethepainter

The Stag wrote:what kind of wood is that? mmmkay
The cab is 1/2" pine, glued and screwed, open back, the baffle is 3/4" birch plywood, sanded and coated with matte poly.
mijknahs wrote:They look kind of old and dusty but if they work, then everything's good! Just make sure they aren't blown or rubbing, OK?
Once again, Mr. Shank, good advice...to the OP, if you haven't already, check out the link I posted, especially the part about blown or rubbing speakers, that way you'll have some info about what to look for...also, your one man band KSM kicks ass! Very nice work!