When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #11489  by phpbb

Cogratulations to the BlueBallers for pulling out the victory in the first ever rukind fantasy football league. I will add to the prizes and include a couple rukind picks.

#11493  by ded1hed

thanks alot! it was alot of fun. i agree with jack straw , lets get a list of prizes and we'll divide them up between the top few finishers.

#11508  by shakedown_04092

ded1hed wrote:thanks alot! it was alot of fun. i agree with jack straw , lets get a list of prizes and we'll divide them up between the top few finishers.
Sounds great to me! The thing I liked most about this league was that there was no bullshit or bickering involved, whereas in leagues past that sometimes is the case. Just a testament to the good natured people here, I guess!

I'll throw whatever someone wants in. Let me know if y'all have any ideas, but for starters, since I'm from Maine, I figured I could get something that is says "Maine", like lobsters, something from LL Bean (if you have a fireplace, they have some really good smelling kindling (sp?) from Bean's....mmmm....), or Maine beer, etc. Let me know what you think & I'll get it!

Congrats again to BlueBallers!
:cool: [/i]

#11525  by Others

I also had a blast. Much fun and I hope we can do it agian next year. Also I posted a prize I would like to donate in the discussion board at the Fantasy site.

#11539  by wisedyes

I offered a tie dyed something or other. I would just need to know a size and color preference, if any. I agree, this was by far the most enjoyable fantasy league I've been involved in.

I don't know enough about basketball, but maybe we could do a baseball league too?

#11542  by shakedown_04092

I always do a baseball league w/ buddies, but I'm totally down to do another one with you guys. As for basketball, I'm a die-hard Celtics fan, but I just don't have the stomach to watch basketball right now. Partly because the C's suck so bad, but also partly because the "game" of basketball is pretty poor at the present time, imo. Too bad, too, because I really do want to watch, and try to, but every time I do I end up yelling at the TV or changing the channel because of how pathetic it is. The C's, the most storied franchise in all the NBA, have been reduced to a mochary over the last 20 years, with VERY few bright spots in that time.

We do, however, have one of the greatest quotes during this era: "Larry Bird isn't walking through that door, Kevin McHale isn't walking through that door, and Robert Parrish isn't walking through that door anytime soon! And all the negativity in this town sucks!" Fucking Pitino. If it weren't for him and Len Bias (and Reggie Lewis, to a certain extent), we'd still be the darling of the NBA. Grrrr!

#11576  by jck_strw

Here's the "complete" list of prizes that were either offered at the beginning or as the season progressed. If you're listed as offering a prize, please shoot me a PM to confirm that you're still good to go. I'll modify this message with confirmations and any prizes that I may have missed.

--tie dyed something from wisedyes confirmed
--Sunshine Daydream DVD and 10-31-80 DVD from jck_strw confirmed
--an email address with the @rukind.org and some picks from phpbb
--a bottle of 100% de agave tequila brand from Crazy9.5Fingers confirmed
--Dead/Phish show from Others confirmed
--a "Maine" prize from Shakedown_04092 confirmed
--Greate Lakes Dortmunder Gold - Carlisle Terrapins
--local brew - blueballers2

Once all 8 prizes listed are confirmed, we'll wait for blueballers/ded1hed to pick first and then we'll go from there.

Sound good?
Last edited by jck_strw on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

#11582  by LazyLightnin

didn't we find out that its illegal to send beer via-mail?

i got you on that brew if its possible, if not i'll muster up somethin or other.

#11594  by Others

There has to bee some way to send booze via snail mail. How else could you join a beer of the month club. I guess you need to talk to you local post office or go through UPS or something.

#11596  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Sending booze is no problem. The only thing I am going to need is proof that the person I am sending it to is 21.

#11597  by jck_strw

Actually, ded1hed, since you pick first, if you see something you like that's already been confirmed, feel free to select.

#11598  by ded1hed

so how many do i get to pick?

that bottle of tequilla is sounding pretty good :cool:

#11602  by jck_strw

ded1hed wrote:so how many do i get to pick?
One only please. Leave some for the losers 2-8. ;)

#11603  by ded1hed

hey crazy how am i supposed to prove my age? any ideas?

for the record, i just turned 28 on dec. 16.

#11709  by ded1hed

yep boys just send me some of that there tekillya and maybe a sixer or two, and youll make ole ded one happy feller.