rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#108737  by strumminsix
 Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:44 pm
dgans wrote:And we have chosen a new name: SYCAMORE SLOUGH STRING BAND.
what, was money, money taken?!
 #108777  by jeffm725
 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:05 pm
playingdead wrote:Nice!

Although I was kind of hoping for Seven Faced Marble Eyed Transitory Dream Doll ...

....or the Mythical Ethical Icicle Tricycle....

personally I have reserved my next band name: "The Pink Socks" :drink:
 #108842  by Mr.Burns
 Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 am
jeffm725 wrote:personally I have reserved my next band name: "The Pink Socks" :drink:
Gross.

Way back in the days of Nintendo 64 I had a Star Wars game, not sure which one, and my user name was Tennessee Jedi. I thought I was pretty clever... guess we all are :-D
 #115976  by KCJones
 Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:56 am
Quoted from below article:

Incidentally, the name of the Sycamore Slough String Band, David Gans' Grateful Dead cover band, mentioned herein last week, was taken from "Lazy River Road," a song written by Robert Hunter and Jerry Garcia in 1993. Gans says he'd planned for the band to be called Tennessee Jedi, but when they recorded rehearsals and put up a YouTube video, a cry arose from the leader of a Pennsylvania band of that name. And so the Sycamore Slough String Band, which plays the Iron Springs Pub and Brewery in Fairfax on April 18, was born.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/gar ... 383923.php
 #115984  by TI4-1009
 Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:48 am
dgans wrote:And we have chosen a new name: SYCAMORE SLOUGH STRING BAND.

So David Gans is a registered member here? And actually posted 3 times? Come back Dave!
 #116340  by masonskids
 Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:04 pm
David has been using the pseud "Tennessee Jedi" on the Well for years. When I first saw someone here with that nick, I thought it might be him. Glad you guys worked things out.