#113129  by SNWRS

Tony6Strings wrote:Very cool idea. We had a "Pick it forward" thread on Strat Talk, and it got pretty far, but eventually the pick got to somebody who failed to keep it going. Um.. As for myself, I've found the pick that is perfect for me, after years of searching. I tried Dunlop Jazztones 208, purple Tortex, purple Tortex filed to a point, V picks, never tried an Adamas but I'm sure they've got something to them if Jerry used them... I eventually discovered the Dunlop Jazz iii and I'm pretty sure it's the pick I'll use for the rest of my life.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
+1 Love Jazz III's
 #113131  by wolftigerrosebud

If I could get a pick that was made of graphite like an Adamas and the exact same shape as a Dunlop Jazz Stubby 3mm, I'd be very happy. the Jazz Stubby is totally inflexible but still tapers to a really fine point without losing the rigidity. It's a great, great pick, super accurate and like playing with a scalpel. But the sound of graphite rocks. That's my dream pick.
 #115967  by TRG

It's been a few months since I tried the Adamas, but wanted to provide an update.

So back in the Spring when I tried the Adamas I was very intrigued. I've always wanted to try them because I've heard so much about them and wanted to try it simply because Jerry used it and wanted to see how it affected tone. So I tried it back in May, but I thought it was just too thick for me to do anything with. At the time I was using .60MM Dunlop tortex...the pick I've been using forever.

I purchased a Post Wolf over the winter and my feel with the .60MM on that guitar was not working for me. Maybe a combination of a bit higher action, different neck feel, etc...than I was used to. So I decided to switch it up to the Dunlop Tortex .73MM. It was a little bit better, but I didn't feel like I was able to do things smoothly.

So two weeks ago I decided to pick up the Adamas again and spend more time with it. I did a band practice with it and a gig since and am now completely sold on the Adamas. I love the fluidity it allows me and the tonal character that it produces. Needless to say I'm on the Adamas train and will never look back. Already purchased a 12 pack and will most likely be stockpiling more in case they stop producing them.

I can't believe I used a .60MM pick all these years... :lol:
 #115988  by NWPines

Is this dead in the water? I think I was next after rugger, but I'm not sure the picks ever made it to him. I had completely forgotten about this until TRG revived the thread.
 #115992  by rugger

NWPines wrote:Is this dead in the water? I think I was next after rugger, but I'm not sure the picks ever made it to him. I had completely forgotten about this until TRG revived the thread.
Correct in that they never made it to me...ahem, Mr Blades!

John in San Diego
 #116094  by Jon S.

Oh no! They're not lost, are they?

#116181  by FBlades95

So.. Some good news and bad news.. The picks have been misplaced. I have been gigging around so much lately, I had completely forgot about them :( But, the good news is I have ONE Adamas pick that I picked up whilst out at the Oregon Country Faire. I got a chance to play with some of the the cats from JGB, who were playing there as well. I got to hang out with Dave Herbert a couple of times, and he tossed me one, as I had lost mine. I would be happy to send just the one out, if you'd like. But, it wouldn't be til next week, as I'm heading out to play yet another festival tomorrow! Let me know what y'all want to do, aplologies again and again.
 #116186  by TI4-1009

"Will the circle,
Be unbroken?
Bye and bye Lord,
Bye and bye."
 #116219  by rugger

Tennessee Jedi,

That's mighty kind of you to offer, but since I was next in line and I have a couple dozen of the reissues, I'll send a couple off to NWPines to keep this going.

PM me your address, NWPines

John in San Diego