rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Talk about the recent Tours
 #115750  by TI4-1009
 Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:27 am
It was hot (hit 98 on the way there)- and the show was hot. First set was good, second smoked. They hit Electraglide during the Eyes jam- Jeff pushed it there! Phil's bass was pounding all night. Things started to come a little unglued during the Viola Lee jam, but by that point the set was a major success. Loved The Eleven stuck out there all by itself!

One thing I didn't like- there was a lot of very treble feedback (short blasts) all through the show- I think the guy in the center was responsible. Bob was playing a lot of "high register" fill, and I think it was feeding back. Don't know if he couldn't hear it with the ear monitors? but the sound guys should have caught it. Got old pretty quick (and I generally like feedback- the good feedback). Sound at CMAC was a little muddy- particularly the vocals (and we were sitting close to the soundboard).

JK played his beautiful Alembic all night- gorgeous wood, pretty sure it's cocobolo. Bob was on the Gibson for all but one song (strat). Twin fawn Vox' cabs (facing out). CMAC had a video screen that helped see what was going on- except the editing seemed to be random- jumping all over the stage. Pretty sure it wasn't manned by Further people (or maybe even "music" people).

The Wheel keep turning, thanks guys.
 #115764  by Phil Lesh101
 Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:37 pm
I thought this show was well worth the 4 hour trip we took to get there! We hit 100*F on the way there on the cars temp gauge! walking down the shakedown street full of venders and smelly people selling cool "Dead" items was awesome! :lol: