Talk about the recent Tours
 #114742  by TI4-1009

Yup- CMAC
 #114788  by tigerstrat

anyone going to mention "what" summer tour this is?
 #115564  by TI4-1009

gratefulwagner15 wrote:Right on, that's where um starting tour from, hope to see you there (~):}! I'll post again closer to the show
We'll be there there Friday night, supposed to be 90 degrees. Too Hot to Handle.
 #115646  by eric

I'm hitting the kickoff at McCoy Stadium Thurs night .. I'm pumped ... But whats going to be really sweet is Friday night at the GOTV.. Hornsby, Branford Marsalis, Wier ......Phil and Freinds....
 #115683  by TI4-1009

TI4-1009 wrote:
gratefulwagner15 wrote:Right on, that's where um starting tour from, hope to see you there (~):}! I'll post again closer to the show
We'll be there there Friday night, supposed to be 90 degrees. Too Hot to Handle.

Make that 97 degrees now- ugh. "...the eagles filled the sky".
 #115684  by tigger

Tonight will be my first time seeing them, and by them I mean Phil and Bobby. Yes I live in a cave.
 #115687  by eric

Well , the thing is , everyone on this board has also shared the first timer thing at some point. For some , that may have been in the 70's, 80's, or 90's. Or for guys like me , I was only 15 when Jer passed. So when I started seeing Furthur a few years back , that was my first time cherry. And Furthur is the closest thing I will ever get to seeing the boys . For all the dudes who scoff at John K., what they don't rrealize is this is the closest guys like me ever get to the real experience.
Of course I don't think he's Jer, but its the best live thing I've got. And I'll happily take it . Rock on JK...

I also like to use that idea applied to playing the geet . At some point in thier lives, Jer , Bob, and Phil , couldn't play a single lick on guitar. That thought helps ground you a bit .
 #115694  by TI4-1009

eric wrote: For some , that may have been in the 70's, 80's, or 90's.
er... 60's :-)