Chat about Equipment Info
 #98789  by keirweir

Pretty cool unit with both standard and OBEL functionality. I can flip a switch on this and it will allow my guitar to act like standard guitar. This is cool because I run my delay after my volume pedal and I like to use the volume and delay to play some sweeps (or whale talk) and it also allows me to use any non OBEL guitar without having to re-run the pedal board. Perfect for my backup guitar!

#98871  by TI4-1009

Any more info on this? I searched around and came up empty- even on AO's site.
 #98872  by keirweir

While my first guitar with an OBEL was nearing completion I got to talking to AO about cables and he mentioned the junction box. AO Guitars resides in Maine and I am just a couple hours away in Massachusetts. He sent me his prototype about 9-10 months ago. I belive this unit 001 as they say. You could email or call him. All the contact info is on his site. He is a real cool guy to talk too. He's also on the board.

This is just like any other junction box out there.

Line out to Amp - send return for effects- mono and sterio input for guitar. Has the added "Standard guitar" toggle which is a great feature if you want to use the effects with a standard guitar.

:smile:
 #99021  by Mandoborg

For those on a budget:

5 1/4 inch jacks ( one stereo of course)
1 mini-switch
effects box
1 foot of wire

You can bang these out for around $20

Cool graphics on this one !!...... Andrew did well.......
 #115314  by GodfreyD

Five years ago, when I stared building my HubBub and Dual Cables for OBEL equipped guitars, I sent a set to Andrew for free for his personal use and to recommend to his customers. I am very disappointed that he decided to copy my idea and sell a competing product. None of the other builders that I sent HubBubs to have decided to rip off my creation, only Andrew. Not in the spirit Jerry and the community to which we all belong.
Godfrey Daniels
Creator and Builder of The HubBub - The original cable hub for OBEL equipped guitars
 #115426  by GodfreyD

Since posting here yesterday, I have been in contact with Andrew and we cleared the air on this matter. He basically builds a similar box for his customers who request one from him. There are no proprietary aspects to the pedal circuits and anyone who has a basic knowledge of wiring could figure out how to do it. Apparently, when I sent a HubBub to Andrew, he was being polite to me by not letting on that my design was not groundbreaking and that he occasionally builds boxes like mine for customers who request them. He in fact did not "rip off" my design, and I apologized to him for thinking he had. He also pointed out to me that he does not advertise his box, even on his website, in deference to me and The HubBub. For that, I thank him.
We were friends before and are still friends. This matter is closed for us and I continue to wish Andrew the best in his endeavors. He is a very talented builder and an important member of our community of Jerryphiles.

Please disregard my outburst from yesterday. I was just caught off guard, and reacted hastily.

Peace and Love to all
Godfrey
 #115430  by WildEye

+1 - It's a small world, I've dealt with both of you guys and if you got in a fight I don't know whose side I'd take...

Cheers!!! to no one getting koons'd :lol:
 #115452  by aoguitars

Godfrey, you're a good man for clearing the air after our powwow. All is well, buddy. Next time you're on the East Coast, beers are on me.

I like to add that I think it's an amazing testament to the community here that you guys have responded so positively to this. This is just a huge group of solid individuals all doing our thing and trying to help out where we can--building gear, playing gear, whatever. I've dealt with a whole bunch of you guys, and everyone has been a pleasure to talk with about all of this gear and music that we all know and love. I could rap about it for days...and I often do. I just wish I had more time to come on here and see what's cooking! Soon enough.

Be good out there, friends!
 #115458  by mijknahs

I love my custom HubBub from Godfrey (button switch directs the signal to a tuner i/o the loop) and I also love the custom length cables I got from Andrew. Everything is still working great!