Chat about Equipment Info
 #115535  by WildEye

I have to admit it looks really cool... but a Garcia inspired guitar with the middle p/u disabled seems more like a contradiction than a simplification.
 #117292  by Marleyboy

WildEye wrote:I have to admit it looks really cool... but a Garcia inspired guitar with the middle p/u disabled seems more like a contradiction than a simplification.
Haha..."disabled to keep it simple"what the heck??cant he just not use the middle pickup if he doesn't want to?disabled is the right word.if your trying to sound likejerry I would say disabling the middle pickup is a def.handicap.your better off just getting a nice hollow body Prs.cool guitar though,just not if your playing Jerry stuff.
 #118358  by 1dallek1

Adam Deckard wrote:http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg

This is the guitar I repaired friends, did major work on it, the owner needed to be able to sell this. I increased the value of this instrument, the owner was very happy. when I showed it here all that came were ugly comments but for one. the instrument sold for $2000

Last edited by 1dallek1 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #118361  by Staemius

I really liked that guitar (though I found it odd the middle pup was not wired) but I never entertained bidding on it as I knew you had worked on it. I'm not trying to be mean spirited but your reputation here is shot.
 #118363  by 1dallek1

Staemius wrote:I really liked that guitar (though I found it odd the middle pup was not wired) but I never entertained bidding on it as I knew you had worked on it. I'm not trying to be mean spirited but your reputation here is shot.
That should have been self evident, it has a 3 position selector , the owner did not want a strat style selector put in, the middle pickup was originally wired directly to its own pot. besides The middle pickup was an old mini humbucker that sounded empty

i was told it sold for 2000, the thing was that it being made out of all maple like that it was a very bright sounding and the owner did not like that. the wood was too thick, it should have had a thinner front and back like a 335 so it could vibrate more . moreover the thing was built like a big violin with back and front caps ? overall it was beautiful and a one of a kind, just visually stunning piece and it held up under close inspection. the owner style of playing (finger picking) is just genius too, the guy could bring out the best in any instrument.