Chat about Equipment Info
 #115128  by tcsned

Yeah, he sent put an email about those guitars a week ago or so - they look really sweet, reasonable price too.
 #115140  by TI4-1009

I thought Tom had said that he was ending his business and would be working with another company? Was that the Irwin/Lieber offshore thing that didn't work out?
 #115142  by vwjodyme

I didn't see the price either when he posted on FB. just said they were more reasonably priced, but no detail. look cool tho :cool:
 #115164  by Phishfan

Nope. I called Lieber instruments today. The "ish" part is due to electronics options. All I can say is that, if I had thirty or so years of experience building guitars by hand, I would hope that I could sell one for three grand:)
 #115170  by guitarcats

Phishfan wrote:Nope. I called Lieber instruments today. The "ish" part is due to electronics options. All I can say is that, if I had thirty or so years of experience building guitars by hand, I would hope that I could sell one for three grand:)
Not knocking the skill level but in the $3000 range for a tribute guitar that doesnt really look like Wolf or Tiger besides the body shape, no thanks. Hell spend $1600 more and your in the bare bones range for a Moriarty guitar.
 #115172  by playingdead

I'm curious how the wider pickup spacing than Jerry's guitars -- his are very tight -- might influence the tone. Perhaps Waldo might have some thoughts. The position of the middle pickup's active coil relative to the bridge would be most important.

Also wondering why Thomas chose 22 frets instead of the 24 that Wolf and Tiger had.
 #115173  by TI4-1009

Sort of nice, but no thanks. I like my Phiga better- and for less $$.
 #115189  by jkstraw

I really liked the looks of both - but the sticker shock is way beyond what I consider reasonable. Having said that I am sure he has his reasons and knows what he can charge and get. I am just glad to see a craftsman continuing to make instruments inspired by the lineage. :cool: Best of luck to Thomas
 #115207  by Mr.Burns

Umm, so are they bolt-ons? I've never seen a neck plate and a purpleheart core on the same guitar before. Looks a little strange, like there was something not right about the guitars aesthetically and I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was at first.
 #115260  by barefootdave

Website says they are $3300 w/o the OBEL upgrade.

In my opinion they are just plain unattractive.

Sound clips would help.
 #115279  by Jon S.

I'd be happy to learn more from the builder concerning the rationales for his decisions on various build aspects of the guitars ( I admit from just what appears on the web site, I don't understand them now).