#114688  by Pete B.

I got an email about this one today.
He highlites a great sounding Shakedown with good vid (although B&W).
Jer's Mu_III (and playing of) is working/sounding perfectly for most of the song.
I would say it is in the "Instructional Video" catagory for me.
Watch the outro C7 jam... Jerry basically puts on a MuIII clinic, and gives a pick placement demonstration.
:cool:
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/grateful- ... 20606video

Wow...
That's a killer sounding Samson & Delilah.
Sound quality is great on my computer speakers today.
Turn up your speakers real loud, then start the "Althea"... Jer's first note is Great!
Watch him switch from finger picking to Pick, at about 6:45.
Last edited by Pete B. on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #114691  by Pete B.

Classic Jerry soloing on that Let it Grow!
This show really captures Jerry on a good night, and is right at the time I was seeing the GD alot around Nassau Garden Spectrum 79/80/81.
:hail:

Hey TJ...
Could you please run out there and move that fuggin' Mic stand.
It's blockin' my view of Jerry's fangers.
:lol:
 #114692  by Tennessee Jedi

Yeah man ... def some cool shots at what he is playing on LIG ..... the fast stuff and how he is using his picking hand is pretty cool ... sounds great .... hoping to work this tune up
 #114693  by Pete B.

At 7min : 20sec of "Truckin', TJ walks across the stage to, presumably, move the Mic stand.
But Start at 5min straight up for the "Instructional" portion.
:smile:
 #114758  by seamones

What is Weir playing in that vid? Clear from the bridge/tailpeice its an Ibby, but cant tell which. Is that a pickguard?
 #114807  by Grateful Dad

Hey Pete B. Thanks! A great run of New Year shows in '80 and memories of being a teenager and living in Marin and then catching the acoustic opener the next night!

Small venue with general admission seating!

Thanks so much for posting these, glad they exist.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #120989  by Pete B.

I just took a peak and I see Oakland Col 12/29/88 and 12/31/88, but not 12/30/88.
Not sure???