Chat about Equipment Info
 #114674  by guitarcats

This is a bit OT from the Dead but I figured there have to be some Phish fans here as well. I would put Trey right behind Jerry as my favorite guitarist as well as his guitar choice. Having a problem justifying $10,000 for a Langeudoc guitar for a non gigging, hobby playing musican led me to find another reasonable source. So my search led me to Equator Instruments who makes a very fine tribute for a great price and its all hand made. Here is a picture of one he made and mine will look the same except for the wood. My guitar will have ribbon mahogany for the top and bottom, african mahogany for the sides and a flame maple neck. It is also his mini hollowbody model which has a body that is 7% smaller. Its going to take 6 months to complete but David updates his sites a few times a month so I will post progression pictures as they come.
http://www.equatorinstruments.com/

#114686  by Maybeck09

Wow- thats beautiful. Thats the guitar I'd want-very light and smaller than my current (339 size). Good luck and thanks for posting!
 #124726  by guitarcats

Here is an updated picture of my guitar. The body is done, carved and all body binding now he is just finishing the neck and then the finish.

#124729  by Jon S.

I can barely begin to tell you how sweet your guitar looks. Keep us apprised of the build!
 #124733  by Dozin

Beautiful guitar