When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #114628  by metsrule64

I am 17 and listen to the Dead all the time, I have many live shows ( in FLAC of course) on my computer that i listen too. I think the notion of wearing a shirt from a concert that you weren't at if your parents didn't buy it for you is crazy. I saw someone wearing this shirt http://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/Grat ... t2_POP.jpg and i just don't understand why someone would wear it other than to seem edgy that you like the Dead. I may be totally wrong in thinking this and that is why I wanted to know from people who actually got to go to concerts. Yes I know Barton Hall was a classic concert and in my opinion their best song ever played was played there, but to remake a shirt from a concert seems a little weird to me.
 #114629  by gr8fullfred

People like dead art work and tshirts. No requirement that you went to a show to wear a Tshirt, nor any requirement to receive the shirt from your parents. Its just a tshirt.

It is ok to show your colors, Fred
 #114634  by jeffm725

Best Show Ever = toss up between 6/18 and 6/19/95. :hail: :hail: :hail:
 #114635  by hogan

metsrule64 wrote:I am 17 and listen to the Dead all the time, I have many live shows ( in FLAC of course) on my computer that i listen too. I think the notion of wearing a shirt from a concert that you weren't at if your parents didn't buy it for you is crazy. I saw someone wearing this shirt http://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/Grat ... t2_POP.jpg and i just don't understand why someone would wear it other than to seem edgy that you like the Dead. I may be totally wrong in thinking this and that is why I wanted to know from people who actually got to go to concerts. Yes I know Barton Hall was a classic concert and in my opinion their best song ever played was played there, but to remake a shirt from a concert seems a little weird to me.
I think you should concern yourself less w/ others' fashion sense and worry about your own trip. There is nothing edgy about liking the Dead. What is an original Deadhead?
 #114637  by jeffm725

hogan wrote:
metsrule64 wrote:I am 17 and listen to the Dead all the time, I have many live shows ( in FLAC of course) on my computer that i listen too. I think the notion of wearing a shirt from a concert that you weren't at if your parents didn't buy it for you is crazy. I saw someone wearing this shirt http://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/Grat ... t2_POP.jpg and i just don't understand why someone would wear it other than to seem edgy that you like the Dead. I may be totally wrong in thinking this and that is why I wanted to know from people who actually got to go to concerts. Yes I know Barton Hall was a classic concert and in my opinion their best song ever played was played there, but to remake a shirt from a concert seems a little weird to me.
I think you should concern yourself less w/ others' fashion sense and worry about your own trip. There is nothing edgy about liking the Dead. What is an original Deadhead?
Right on Hogan, Who gives a shit. Deadheads are supposed to be inlcusive but so many are hung up on BS.

Man, Dont get me started. You see whats going on these days with the frickin' pins and GDF and all the fucking headier than thou bullshit? And they call it "old school". It aint the school I came from!
 #114639  by jeffm725

metsrule..........let the music guide you....all the rest is fluff.....

....It doesnt matter what you wear, just as long as you are there!

If you dig the shirt, wear it! if you don't, dont!
 #114641  by vwjodyme

I wear a remake boston garden shirt all the time from a show I wasn't at...although i did see them there at a later date. I just liked the shirt because it's Celtic green (GO CELTICS!), has a shamrock (GO CELTICS!) and says boston garden (GO CELTICS!)
 #114642  by dleonard

If you're questioning whether or not they are real fans and want to mess with em...try asking them what their favorite song from the show is. :lol:
 #114643  by Jimaroe

"I think you should concern yourself less w/ others' fashion sense and worry about your own trip. There is nothing edgy about liking the Dead. What is an original Deadhead?" - Hogan

This might be the best post I've read on here. If you give a shit about what people are wearing, you've missed the whole point. Take Bobby, for example. Pink Fender, short shorts or clam diggers, a Madonna t shirt etc I dont think he's too concerned and NOBODY is more "original deadhead" than him.
 #114644  by wolftigerrosebud

or maybe he's just doing it to make up for the attention he didn't get when he was young. pepto guitar warped effect of childhood trauma?

hey speaking of barton hall, here's a list of 77 shows that Dick Latvala thought would make better releases than 5/8: http://www.agitators.com/gd/dick_1977.html

in regards to the shirt, it may be kind of phony, but passing judgment on it is no good for the person passing judgment. just uncomfortable.
If you dig the shirt, wear it! if you don't, dont!
this ^
 #114646  by Grateful Dad

My 11 year old son wears my old concert t-shirts that fit me when I was a teen. His favorite is a black JGB t-shirt with Jerry playing the Tiger I bought at a 1980 Tower theatre show. I had to buy it 'cause some one puked all over me going into the show. Ah memories........

jeffm725 is correct "it doesn't matter what you wear just as long as you are there"

:smile: