#11374  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Seasons greetings to all of you. Hope everyone is having a great holiday. My friend hooked me up with this thing a while back and I am not sure if you guys have heard of it, or have it but it rocks! Long story short, it slows down tunes without changing the pitch at all. The nice thing about it is that you can drag and drop tunes from iTunes right into it. It is $45 but well worth it. It has some nice features such as an EQ to notch out certain frequencies and bring others up. Great for nailing down some speedy Jerry licks. You can set start and stop points and loop it.

I am in no way affiliated with this software company, just sharing something I like a lot. I have decided to step up and find some free time to put up some video footage. The slow downer has helped expedite transcribing difficult passages. My wife and I just got a sweet HD camcorder and I hope to put some stuff up soon. My first contribution will be all the Jerry parts from "Grateful Dawg". The song not DVD. Be on the lookout. Here is the link to the Slow Downer if you want to check it out.

http://www.ronimusic.com/

Happy Holidays All!

Loco 9.5 Dedos

:D

#11378  by BlobWeird

Sweet stuff right there. I trialed it last night after seein your post and then decided then and there to buy it. Since then I figured out some real nice eyes of the world licks that otherwise would have been impossible for me to figure out. Thanks for the heads up Crazy!

#11381  by squire758

yea those things are kinda cool I used one a couple times

#11394  by BlobWeird

Ive tabbed out 3 solos since ive gotten this program a couple days ago. It barely took 2 hours total. I did Stagger Lee 10-18-78. Peggy-O 12-27-77 and the first solo of Althea from Go to Nassau. This program rocks man. Its easy as hell to transcribe now.

#11395  by b weird

Hey, if it's not too much trouble could someone tab out the intro for Dark Hollow from either Bear's Choice or Reckoning. Please? :lol:

#11396  by b weird

I just downloaded the trial version but I can't get it to work, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

#11397  by BlobWeird

b weird. Ill give dark hollow a try. Umm as for the problem im really not sure. I had absolutely no problems with mine.

#11401  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Blob yu are making me feel like a slacker. I have most of Jerry's intro solo down from Grateful Dawg, but since you are setting the bar high, I better get into high gear. I agree that the Slow Downer makes it so easy especially in differentiating whether the notes are picked, hammered, etc, you can really hear it.

#11402  by b weird

Thanks Blob, :lol: also I figured out my problem. I also tried Dark Hollow but it was a little advanced for a beginner like me. I did try Loser though and this how I think the intro goes:
Code: Select all
E-------------------0------------------- 
B-------------------1------------------- 
G-------------------2-------------------
D--1/2--1-0---------2------------------- 
A-----------3-0-----0------------------- 
E---------------------------------------

#11406  by shakedown_04092

I have the Tascam GT1-mkII portable Guitar Trainer, which sounds similar to what you guys speak of, except it's portable so you can take it with you wherever you go. They also sell a case with it that has built in speakers, so you not only don't need to lug around headphones with you, but the Tascam is protected, AND it has slips for around 20 CD's. It's pretty cool. You plug your guitar right into the thing, and start playing along to the CD. You can slow them down, speed them up, loop certain sections, all without changing the pitch. You can even change the Key the song is in if you want to, which is pretty weird. It also has a bunch of guitar effects, so if you want your guitar to have a phase, crunch, or delay or whatever, you can add that.

#11407  by BlobWeird

lol at crazy fingers. Maybe im just puttin more time in? Who knows but yeah still lovin this thing. I did the solo from Stella Blue Dozin at the Knick last night. Today I started on Duprees from Dozin. Its a little harder cuz he is usin an octave pedal so its tough to hear the notes well. And Stella was tough cuz of the distortion. But with a clean clear song its wonderful. I havent tried anything acoustic yet. B Weird I wanna do the dark hollow or at least try but I realized I dont have it on my computer. I only have it on IPod so I would need you to send me the mp3. My email is blobweird@yahoo.com if you still want me to try. And as for everyone. Once i get in the mood to sit down and do some work here ill tab out all the solos ive done and put them up here.

#11414  by b weird

Someone help me out here, how do you submit MP3's ?

#11452  by b weird

Hey Blob do you happen to have any acoustic I Know You Rider's from 1970 that you could try your hand at the intro's for me? P.S. I hope I'm not drivin' you crazy, I do that sometimes. :D Peace.

#11453  by BlobWeird

Hey bweird Ive been askin my friend to give me a copy of his 9-11-73 show that has an awesome china rider that im dyin to tab out. I only have the song on my ipod so I cant use the program with it. But once I get that ill be able to give you that one when Im done. Im sure youll be pleased with it. My fav. version of china rider by far!