Place for the rest of the music
 #114488  by jeffm725

Some of the most fun Ive ever had playing! Looking across that small stage with pretty much one of my all time favorite bass players and my definite all time favorite guitarist standing right there was pretty surreal, especially when it was an occasion to play my favorite Music!
We gave the Dylan tunes a Jamband treatment and Stoner was more than up to the task, he kicked ass!

We never rehearsed, we only worked on a songlist a few days ahead of time, and then when we did the gig we did arrangements on the fly. Robs comment was "that was how the Original Rolling Thunder tours were" :lol:

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Rob Stoner Playing bass behind his head on One More Cup of Coffee. We stretched this sucker OUT.

Tangled up in Blue

Maggies Farm - Robs a big Elvis guy and called out an arrangement "Like Elvis Mystery Train"!!!
 #114516  by jeffm725

Thanks Jedi!
I saw you just gigged, thats awesome! Where's the audio bro? I need to hear that Frankenwolf!
 #114517  by jeffm725

More Dead related Dylan (nothing would ever beat Jer's treatment of this,it would be folly to try! So I bumped it up to the Blonde on Blonde on steroids groove....I like the pulse of it, I should have let Scott rip some solos on it though! Im an idiot :? :? )

Visions of Johanna
 #114924  by jeffm725

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Great videos, man, sounds great! Rob looks like a really cool dude, too. :cool:
thanks Dan,
yeah, Rob is Way cool..... AND he wants to do more of these! So next time we do, you gotta come and hang and talk shop with him, he loves it. Bass players were lined up at that gig to talk to him during the break. Real cool guy with some great stories!

There were a couple real cool moments that night (caught on vid too) where Scott would just shred something and Rob would look over and Mouth the word "WOW" :-) .... Don't think he knew going in just how insane a talent Scott is.