name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #114412  by ScottWalkerGuitars

Greetings! So...I have been hanging around for a bit, but havent posted. First of all...this is an amazing forum and there is allot of great stuff going on here. I hope to contribute. I am a guitar builder and though I dont build clones ( there are quite a few top notch builders who do, you know who they are) I do utilize allot of similar methods and philosophies in my builds.
Please dont take this as spam, I have been reluctant to post in the past because I dont want to come off that way. I have some ideas and things that id like to contribute to the forum.
Right on!
Scott Walker
http://www.scottwalkerguitars.com
 #114419  by JonnyBoy

Welcome Scott! Its about time! Your guitars are well known around here and having you available on the forum to share information about gear will be priceless! Many welcomes and hope you stick around and share your thoughts!! Great to finally have you in the mix, Jonnyboy!
 #114421  by ScottWalkerGuitars

Thanks Man! I appreciate that. This is a great spot! I am stoked to be here and though I don't have allot of time to mingle, I will certainly chime in when I can.
RIght on!
 #114422  by Jimaroe

Howdy Scott- I was introduced to your guitars through this forum and although I've yet to play one, aesthetically, they are beautiful. I'm especially smitten with that 2010 Walker Special (the Spalted Maple) @ Lefty Guitars Only. Anyways, thanks for sharing your craft!

Jim
Last edited by Jimaroe on Mon May 28, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #114426  by Dwarf Rat

Hi Scott!

I met you at the SCGC Christmas party in 2010. You were wearing a BadCat t shirt and had just gotten your Republican hair cut.

All the best,

Matt
 #114427  by tcsned

Welcome aboard Scott! I've been following your work for some time. The instruments (including Vic's) that I've seen here, on FB and elsewhere are are some of the best I've seen anywhere. Your woodwork is flat-out the best. It'll be good to hear your insights and advice as you feel like sharing.

I personally love that you are incorporating the OBEL and buffer in many of your instruments, especially since they aren't Jerry copies. I've always thought that these innovations should be filtered out to the larger world of players and your guitars certainly have appeal outside our community.

Thanks!
 #114440  by gr8fullfred

Hey Scott,

I have not seen too many of your guitars. The ones I have seen were played and owned by Barry Sless, who in my opinion is the best of the best. Barry could play any guitar he wanted, and he choose yours! Thanks for article on the split Super 2. Fred
 #114442  by ScottWalkerGuitars

Thanks guys! I appreciate the welcome, nice to see some familiar faces. Although Ive never owned a BadCat Tshirt, I did go republican with my hair! Yes Barry is such a great player!
Scott
 #114444  by playingdead

I'd be remiss if I didn't say that Scott is a great builder to work with, and that whatever nutty or complicated scheme you might dream up to wire the guitar, he can handle it. And he is an artist with wood and metal, obviously, right down to the smallest details in how the figure of the wood interacts with the controls and pickup surrounds. He truly builds a lifetime guitar.

I keep my lefty spalted Walker Special on my website, and available for lucky lefties to play at my shop, but it's really there to entice people to have Scott build the guitar of THEIR dreams, like he did mine.

And now, some photos ... :shock:

#114446  by ScottWalkerGuitars

Right on Vic! Thanks and I gotta say...you have really helped allot of folks, including myself, with your expertise, knowledge, ear, and skill. Big thanks to you!
Scott