#114394  by Billbbill

Mike Kaufman has left SBB to pursue other projects - Mike is a fine man and excellent musician and we wish him the best!

Following is the working text of a soon to be craigslist ad - if interested please email me - thanks.

billbbill2000@verizon.net

Working Grateful Dead Tribute Band Seeking Rhythm Guitarist/Lead Vocalist

Stella Blue’s Band is a working Grateful Dead tribute band that performs throughout Westchester and Fairfield counties as well occasional gigs at festivals in upstate NY and New England. We play approximately four times per month, generally consisting of two gigs and two rehearsals. Our line-up includes two drummers and a female vocalist and we play GD material from all stages of the band’s career. We are looking for a genuine rhythm guitarist in the GD style with strong lead and backing vocals. Interested players should have prior performing experience and be comfortable on stage. If you are interested in auditioning, respond to this ad with links to samples of your playing and singing.
 #114636  by JonnyBoy

No try-outs yet? with a band as progressed as y'all are, I wouldn't wanna make a hasty choice for the sake of having someone playing rhythm (not insinuating you are)...

The Bobby job is not an easy one for sure. You can do JGB "style" gigs until then, I had to do that for a few months until the right fit came about. I remember a couple of good players come through to try out that approached it with a straight forward rhythm style and it sounded better/more dead like as a 4 piece (or without them). There really wasn't any song we couldn't do without the bobby part, but I remember having to adjust how I played the songs to fill in what was missing... Kinda 1/2 Jer 1/2 bob...

Keep truckin SBB...