When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #113997  by ebick

So a while back I solicited some opinions for something to personalize my Taylor 814ce...... So, I got my new Truss Rod cover and thought I'd let you all have a look see and give a shout out to Bill NIchols

http://www.nicholsinlay.com/

#113998  by tcsned

Nice! Nice Taylor too. I've had my 810 for 15 years and it sounds better every year.
 #113999  by FretfulDave

It's gorgeous! what wood did you pick? Looks great on the Taylor. I want something similar for my T5 and wife is giving me a hassle over it... too much $$ but I am allowed to custom order a new Taylor solid body electric if I wish. Go figure.

Which Taylor model is that? Whatever it is, it looks fantastic on that headstock :cool:

Dave
Last edited by FretfulDave on Thu May 17, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #114013  by ebick

FretfulDave wrote:It's gorgeous! what wood did you pick? Looks great on the Taylor. I want something similar for my T5 and wife is giving me a hassle over it... too much $$ but I am allowed to custom order a new Taylor solid body electric if I wish. Go figure.

Which Taylor model is that? 914CE? Whatever it is, it looks fantastic on that headstock :cool:

Dave
It's an 814ce. It's Rosewood, just like the factory TSC. Bill is very familiar with Taylors and he knew exactly what materials to use, and the shape spec and everything....it was very easy in that regard....no thinking. :)