Chat about Equipment Info
 #113988  by TI4-1009

Phil was working on a big crop of Phigas this run and I'm sure I wasn't the only one on the forum waiting. Any one else get theirs? Lets see 'em.
 #114020  by Cmnaround

Agreed - was just readng a post yesterday from someone who expected it back in the Fall and the last post was in March still in waiting.

Would love to see the pics and hear the reviews.
 #114032  by guitarcats

I received mine in April and its a great guitar. I posted some pictures but will post again with my review on the guitar.

The Good : inlays are incredible and well done, the neck is a very comfortable D shape that fits my hand perfect and plays like butter, while not an excact replica it fits my needs, the frets and set up are well done with no needed adjustments and it plays like a custom guitar should...

The Bad : The finish is a bit rough in a couple of places and the color is more yellow than I would like, the 5-way and mini switches need to be redone but these are not a big deal for me and overall I am extremely happy with my purchase...

I was between the Phiga and a Moriarty and decided that since I am not a gigging musican but a simple home player I didnt really need the Moriarty. If i had to do over again I would definily go with Phiga and I am planning on a Phiga Tiger down the road. I love this guitar from the looks to the playability and its the first one I grab when I want to play and that is the true test. :-)

#114033  by Tennessee Jedi

I was just noticing the finish on my guitar seemed to be ' mellowing ' out a bit nicely ... maybe yours will too ...
So whats the prob with the selector switch and toggles ?
Dont work ? Too close together ? Something cosmetic ?
Looks beautiful .... man I would love to give it a whirl ....
Congrats !
- Tom
 #114034  by guitarcats

Thanks Tom. The problem with the 5-way is I only get 4 spots, the first spot I havent even tried yet because its not working. The mini switches dont split the hums so they will have to be rewired. The midi and OBEL work just fine and as I said its not a big deal to replace the 5-way and do some rewiring. Would love to see some pictures of yours when you get the chance.
 #114036  by BDI

hey guitarcats what are those two black buttons above the 5-way for? midi?
 #114037  by guitarcats

BDI wrote:hey guitarcats what are those two black buttons above the 5-way for? midi?
Yes its for the midi and the mini switch to the left of the 5-way is a 3-way for guitar, midi or both and the control pot on the bottom controls the sound level.
 #114076  by paulinnc

Is that wolf an inlay or a sticker? the only reason I ask is that it looks so shiny for wood.
 #114120  by guitarcats

paulinnc wrote:Is that wolf an inlay or a sticker? the only reason I ask is that it looks so shiny for wood.
That is inlayed, Phil did a great job on all the inlays.
 #114131  by paulinnc

guitarcats wrote:
paulinnc wrote:Is that wolf an inlay or a sticker? the only reason I ask is that it looks so shiny for wood.
That is inlayed, Phil did a great job on all the inlays.
That's good, I figured for the money you spent it should be. I just thought it looked almost too good, it just shows how much his work has improved since he first started making these guitars.
 #114134  by bluemule

Yeah, I agree that wolf is pretty killer
 #114157  by midnightrainband

HI all,

I've been reading this board for quite some time but never posted before. I got my Phiga Wolf a few weeks ago and it is awesome. I have not found any flaws as of yet. I still need to fool around some more with the electronics but everything seems in order to me. It's well made and plays great. Sounds unbelievable. My electronics are a little different from guitarcats as my midi control is a mini toggle to scroll up and down through patches and the 2nd tone control is the midi volume. The five way and coil split switches seem to be fine and the finish is top notch.

I had been waiting for this guitar since last March (2011) and I'll say it was worth the wait and the money. Hopefully I can get some pictures together and post them.
 #114163  by TI4-1009

Welcome to both clubs (RUKind and Phiga) midnightrain!
 #114170  by lightningbolt

I have a Phiga bolt with a custom inlay....I have posted pictures before....the guitar is amazing. The workmanship, playability, tone....all just what I was after. My only issue with Phil is he wired Waldo's buffer incorrectly where it was always on. I was sucking the life out of 9 volts every 3 hours. With Waldo's help I corrected the wiring issue. Otherwise everything else was first class.
 #114190  by TRG

lightningbolt wrote: I was sucking the life out of 9 volts every 3 hours. With Waldo's help I corrected the wiring issue. Otherwise everything else was first class.
OT - How do you know when the 9-volt is dying/dead? I mean is it obvious sound wise?