#113931  by BDI

Just saw some picks on facebook of some new electronics John Kadlecik's putting in one of his PRS guitars, including what he called the "Sarno blob preamp". Is this a new SMS product? A buffer or stratoblaster clone maybe? Anyone heard/seen anything about this?
 #113946  by SarnoMusicSolutions

It's funny to see the Blob show up now. I gave that to John Kadlecik a few years ago. It's essentially the core circuit out of our steel guitar FreeLoader. It's a discrete, single transistor emitter follower unity gain buffer, much like Phil's very earliest buffers in his first active basses but with quieter, cleaner, more modern parts. One advantage is that it's tiny and can tuck anywhere when space is a premium. Minimal battery draw too. I've only made a few of those for fun, it's not some product I market or sell. It's been years since I made one.

B
 #113955  by BDI

A few years, huh? Damn. Here I was getting excited about the newest "next big thing". :drink:
 #113963  by SarnoMusicSolutions

It's still pretty hard to top the authentic Waldo/Tiger UGB for the real deal Jerry thang.

B