name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #112952  by SNWRS

I've been lurking since last fall which is really when I got into the GD, before that I was into Zeppelin. I play guitar and sing. :)
 #113740  by NSP

SNWRS wrote:I've been lurking since last fall which is really when I got into the GD, before that I was into Zeppelin. I play guitar and sing. :)
Welcome....

The reason I started playing guitar 30+ years ago was due to hearing my brother playing Hendrix and Zeppelin records. Then I went to my first Dead show in '85 and it's been all Jerry ever since.

Enjoy the ride
 #113795  by SNWRS

NSP wrote:
SNWRS wrote:I've been lurking since last fall which is really when I got into the GD, before that I was into Zeppelin. I play guitar and sing. :)
Welcome....

The reason I started playing guitar 30+ years ago was due to hearing my brother playing Hendrix and Zeppelin records. Then I went to my first Dead show in '85 and it's been all Jerry ever since.

Enjoy the ride
Thank you, I certainly will! I just wish I had been born earlier so I could've seen the Dead live. Oh well.
 #113816  by Cmnaround

Enjoy the ride[/quote]
Thank you, I certainly will! I just wish I had been born earlier so I could've seen the Dead live. Oh well.[/quote]

Well the upside is there is a ton of video available on you tube now. Back in the day it was live shows and tapes by snail mail. Now that's it's almost 2013 - you can grab yourself a 52" or bigger HDTV, hook up a decent sound system w a subwoofer and go to town w bunches of shows in your living room!

Anybody remember years ago when they were planning a Terrapin Station that was going to be a huge dead archive place and they were talking about having holograms of Jerry?
 #113841  by TRG

[/quote]Well the upside is there is a ton of video available on you tube now. Back in the day it was live shows and tapes by snail mail. Now that's it's almost 2013 - you can grab yourself a 52" or bigger HDTV, hook up a decent sound system w a subwoofer and go to town w bunches of shows in your living room!

Anybody remember years ago when they were planning a Terrapin Station that was going to be a huge dead archive place and they were talking about having holograms of Jerry?[/quote]

I do! I recall them releasing a Limited Terrapin CD set around that time as well...back in the late 90's.