Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #113455  by Mostdead

Hello Everyone,
It was always great to see the Dead using High End Audio gear for their sound. I must have attended over 250 shows beginning in the early 70's and it never ceased to amaze at all the configurations they used. Having several very well known audiophile people with them always added to the great sound at the shows. I play music almost daily and find that the better the gear the better the groove. I just picked up a Guitar Circuit power cord and man what a difference. I've always used line treatment and audiophile guitar cords, being in the audio business, but this new power cord is kill. For those who want some info here's the link, http://www.sanibelhifi.com/_store/Displ ... itar_CirP1. I'm going to start reporting on all the show and music I've gathered due to Dead influence. Mostdead
 #113461  by Mostdead

The Dead where a primary influence on all other music I've listened to and played for the past 40 years. I meant to say I would share this influence should anyone be interested. I've attended thousand of shows and traveled many places to see and hear everything from Bossa to Reggae and everything in between. Recently Wanee. It great to see I'm not the only 60 year old in the crowd.
 #113464  by eric

Wait ... 220 for an AC cord ? Those things run about 5 bucks at Radio Shack . Maybe I'm just in the dark on this one , but really? I'm no audiophile but that just seems totally ridiculous ...
 #113466  by BDI

As long as it's functioning, I don't see how a power cord could affect tone/sound quality. If some sucker wants to buy a $220 cord, go ahead, but I call bull.
 #113469  by eric

So I scrolled down on the length option ...1.0 meter.. Wow ... I could be 2 sweet used power condtioners with 20 filtered outlets for that much ...
 #113473  by Mostdead

This is why the Dead set a standard for sound was they knew the value of proper engineering. John Curl traveled with the band and set up the system and it always used the proper tools. The right tool for the job. It's good to see some of the posts refering to quality cables and amps. It does matter and not in a small way if you want high fidelity. Did anyone who posted in this thread ever hear the "Wall of Sound"? did anyone ever hear the multi delayed system used in the early 80?
 #113475  by hippieguy1954

Nice try, but I really don't appreciate pushy, over bearing, false fact flaunting, unknowledgable, boasting, pathetic, money sucking, term dropping salesmen.

"finest High Purity Copper in the world."??? :lol: , you dummy! Not only is the price of copper based on an average purity, anyone can say their copper is "finest High Purity Copper in the world". :lol: ! WTF is "finest High Purity Copper"? "Finest high purity" doesn't even make sense. What is the difference between "finest high purity" and high purity?????????? And where is the documentation of this "finest High Purity Copper in the world."???
I think you should get back to your world travels and leave the wall of sound to those who already know all about it. I'm not trying to be mean to you, but come on. Don't insult our intelligence.
:smile: :smile: :smile: