#113270  by cmc64

Hey all!

I found a Vintage Mutron Phasor II in very good shape for $275. Good deal? Anyone have any thoughts on its tone vs. the MXR Phase 100? Should I go grab it? Comes with the original power supply. Thanks all!
 #113284  by cmc64

My first Mu-Tron. Wow is all I can say. Sounds so liquidy for lack of a better term It has a few scratches but is in great shape overall - no scratchy pots or weird noises - now I just have to find an Octave Divider and the Envelope Filter and I'll be set. :smile:
 #113320  by guitarcats

Congrats! Did you test it against a phase 100? How about a picture of your new toy on your pedal board :-)
 #113403  by cmc64

I was not able to test it against the Phaser 100 - I just got lucky and stumbled across it and snapped it up. Here's a pic:

The II in Phasor II has a bit of a scratch through it and of course there are little nicks all over it but it is in absolutely perfect operating order. I still can't get over the sound. I do not have a pedal board as of yet so here is a layout of my current rig. I have the bulk of the types of pedals I want but a few are not the exact models, but cash is really tight so I snatch them up when I can. An Earth Drive will soon be on order, and the Mutron III and the Octave Divider are on the list as well, but they may have to wait as I will have to save up (my job sucks - all that expensive education :roll: :-) ). So I will probably dump the MXR first and either get a Proton or a Qtron+ - the Octave Divider - not sure yet. Any thoughts on the Micro-Pog or any other suggestions unless I find a Boss OC-2?

#113410  by cmc64

What is the difference? Mine has three knobs - feedback, depth and rate - the Phasor has two - I will have to check into which two they are - I can't tell from that pic.

ok here we go:

item : Mu-Tron™ Phasor II
description : Electro-optical phase control: uses same "photo-mod" circuit as Bi-Phase, with rate depth and feedback controls.

item : Mu-Tron™ Phasor
description : Mu-Tron™'s original phasor using transconductance amps. Rate and depth controls