#113253  by Jerry1996x

Ok, so i just wired up my line splitter, and im really confuzed. Its a super easy thing, and ive looked at the schematic side by side to it 100 times. The problem is that no matter where the toggle switch is, the guitar AND the tuner signals are both engaged. WTF?? :?
 #113254  by hippieguy1954

I'm not totally sure what you mean by the guitar AND the tuner signals are both engaged. Do you mean you still hear the guitar through the speakers and see it on the tuner as well?
If tha's the case, I would put it down for a few hours and then compare your wiring to the diagram again later. You're missing something.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Last edited by hippieguy1954 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #113256  by hippieguy1954

Yea, like I said, go away from it for a while and compare your wiring to the diagram later. Something, probably one connection, is wrong. Are you using the correct toggle switch? Just a thought.
 #113258  by Jerry1996x

Im almost positive its the right switch. Its an SPDT mini toggle, ON/ON. The only thing i can think of is if its like, upsiddown. lol. Does that make a difference? Noob question :D
 #113259  by hippieguy1954

I know this is a stretch, but trying to rule things out. Are you using the direct out put from the guitar (not the one with the obel) and the mono cable?
Switch on guitar set to no effects?
 #113261  by hippieguy1954

Jerry1996x wrote:Im almost positive its the right switch. Its an SPDT mini toggle, ON/ON. The only thing i can think of is if its like, upsiddown. lol. Does that make a difference? Noob question :D
No, as long as you are using the three lugs that are in a row on one side (if it has 6 lugs). If it has three lugs and your connections are the same as the diagram it would only affect the position the switch ends up in when using the tuner or not. Wouldn't cause this.
 #113264  by hippieguy1954

I don't know man! It's such a simple thing. Maybe a bad switch? Sounds like it could be. Ya got another? Or you can check that one with a continuity tester. The middle lug should make contact with only one othe lug in each position.
All the grounds to sleves and signals to tips on the input jacks?
Last edited by hippieguy1954 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #113266  by hippieguy1954

Yea, if everything is wired correctly, it has to be that switch. Too much heat can screw them up when soldering. I've ruined a few in my time! Not saying you did, just a word of caution!
 #113271  by Jerry1996x

i switched the switch, and the problem persists. Whats really confuzing me, is that all the connections on the jack must work since both signals (amp, tuner) are working. I just cant switch between them. I just resoldered all the connections. Still. :? :? :?