Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #113243  by calbucks09

Looking to pick up one of these if anyone has one they are parting ways with.

Been waiting for one to show up on ebay but no luck.

Thanks!
 #113279  by eric

That could be a long wait ... It took me about a year of scouring to find one .. And when i sold it , it was only on eBay for a very short while before someone bought it .. And I had a ton (relatively speaking) of people Interested. Great unit and I hope you can find one..

However , (and I don't know your deal) if I could just make a suggestion.. After the price you are going to pay for one and then pair it with a decent reverb unit, and the time it's going to take you to find one, that you look into the SMS option ..
 #113288  by hippieguy1954

eric wrote:That could be a long wait ... It took me about a year of scouring to find one .. And when i sold it , it was only on eBay for a very short while before someone bought it .. And I had a ton (relatively speaking) of people Interested. Great unit and I hope you can find one..

However , (and I don't know your deal) if I could just make a suggestion.. After the price you are going to pay for one and then pair it with a decent reverb unit, and the time it's going to take you to find one, that you look into the SMS option ..
+1 Great advise! :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #113321  by calbucks09

thanks. i suppose that is the logical path to follow.

damn this board is going to cost me a fortune. the more i read the more I am wanting to spend money on vintage gear!
 #113323  by strumminsix

calbucks09 wrote:thanks. i suppose that is the logical path to follow.

damn this board is going to cost me a fortune. the more i read the more I am wanting to spend money on vintage gear!
The SMS is not vintage. Actually, this board can save you money. Example:
800 SMS
400 poweramp
100 buffer
400 2 E or K 120s
500 SSP ab
200 cables
200 Dim single coil installed in middle position or tapped humbucker
100 EH q tron

Okay, all that equals about 2700 and that assumes you have a decent guitar and an overdrive pedal.

Now start to think about all the amps and reverb pedals and pickups and envelope pedals and trips to techs and I would say this board can actually save you money if you are in the early stages and ready to make the right investment the first time. Or you can be like a few of us and enjoy the ride :).
 #113326  by calbucks09

yep. i know. I meant that comment as a joke in a very positive way. I'm very psyched I stumbled upon it.

I was actually referring to the mcintosh 60's era power amps i've been eying, but can't quite afford.

I've learned alot reading here. The SMS sounds like a bargain really for what it is.

Right now I've just got a fender american strat with seymour duncans I picked up for $650, a keeley modded Boss Blues pedal, and a Blues Deluxe reissue... gets a nice blues tone, but its a one note johnny setup...

Won't b e happy till i can get 'that sound' that jerry got.. just strategizing how to get there most efficiently.

Got a lovely SSP 1x12 with a K120 so far, trying to decide what guitar to use to upgrade to adn which amps...

will be fun one way or the other.

thanks for the response