Chat about Equipment Info
 #65173  by tigerstrat

Gotta love the full Moog pedal suite atop the left rack.
 #65175  by hogan

tigerstrat wrote:Gotta love the full Moog pedal suite atop the left rack.

Not that rest of it is modest, but when I saw the moogs I thought "oh, good lord".

~MJH
 #85281  by matthewearl

playingdead wrote:Guitar (backup Strat) -> AxeFX -> straight to the board, no cabinet, power amp, pedals, effects, outboard reverb, EQ, etc., it's all AxeFX, plug and play.

http://www.archive.org/details/pd2009-0 ... iariverrun
hey man..wanted to say it sounded great. sorry to post on an old thread. i just got my axe-fx ultra and would like to trade patches if ya like. the jerry sounds are pretty dead on. i personally play in an alt-jam band which is a blend of eclectic and jam. think phish meets built to spill or pavement. here is a music video. the guitar tone is not axe-fx though. its ts9 screamers analog man silver -modded and keeley compressor into my mesa boggie mark iv. sounds decent.

http://www.vimeo.com/1857661

thanks

matthew earl
 #109432  by hawk900

So your axe fx is a standard,ultra or FXII? Is there Garcia patches in the preset banks? Or you built your own with an amp modeller,plus pedal emulators, and it does it do JBL ranges too? Wow very impressed at this machine and your playin is excellent. I lover you high notes and amazing finger rolls.
Kinda puts all my hard work routing sg's,loadin em up with dp1o4's,tcp-1's and an sds-1/piezo wax dipped(cripe) bridge. Modding my Mc2100 and 64fender tone stacks and latest carbon insulated e-120 JBL cabs to shame.
You sound amzing dude.
hawk
 #109439  by playingdead

Wow ... old thread!

That was recorded with just the AxeFX Ultra direct. That show I was using my backup Strat (with the DiMarzios and a CB-1 buffer) because my Tiger guitar was being repaired. It's a little thinner than it sounds with the Tiger. And I've added a little more dirt to the patch now, that was the second or third gig I ever did with it. It was probably on firmware 6 or so back then ... it got up to 11 with numerous improvements -- real leaps and bounds -- before the II came out.

I have the AxeFX II now but have just started to get to know it, it's pretty damn impressive. Have not attempted to build a new Jerry patch with it yet, I'm still gigging with the trusty Ultra. But the heart of the preset I designed is the Twin Reverb emulation with some specific parameter tweaks, vintage spring reverb with some tweaks, a parametric EQ curve to treat the mids, the custom E-120 impulse response cabinet block and a soft limiter at the end for the very hard peaks. I programmed the effects, as well, and it runs off the effects loop on the guitar.
 #109448  by hawk900

Yeah I guess for that price better be impressive. I use a podxt to emulate one channel for 64-67 tonestack ,delay. Then other chanell pre-amps out of true fender64 tone stack .22 moded pots, Then to Mc2100 jer modded driver card. Installed heat fames on top grid. Also added 1/4 inchers for inputs and new volume pots.Image

On board fx loop plus bypass . Three selectable buffers and op amps all on board

http://youtu.be/3f3e8AJ25sM
 #109452  by TI4-1009

Hmmmm... Nice n Easy in the background. Your secret is safe with us- right guys....? ;-)
 #109645  by playingdead

Wes, here's the block for the envelope filter. Not sure how it will work outside the realm of the onboard effects loop, you may have to put a null filter block in front of it and push the signal level up to get it to react ...

http://playingdead.net/envelopefilter.syx
 #113233  by jkstraw

I didn't see any sense it starting a new axefx related thread but I was hoping to ask if anyone knew of some high quality (.wav preferably) Jerry studio takes, soundboard isolated channel, etc (I.e. just Jerry). The latest firmware for the axefx ii has a tone match feature and I'm interested in checking out (I'd love to match that gritty tone he gets sometimes during a good early 80's terrapin jam). I found a multitrack of touch of grey but it is not my fav tone of his.

Here's a vid of the feature for those interested in the tech. Any links, sites, etc? :hail:

#113237  by playingdead

jkstraw wrote:I didn't see any sense it starting a new axefx related thread but I was hoping to ask if anyone knew of some high quality (.wav preferably) Jerry studio takes, soundboard isolated channel, etc (I.e. just Jerry). The latest firmware for the axefx ii has a tone match feature and I'm interested in checking out (I'd love to match that gritty tone he gets sometimes during a good early 80's terrapin jam). I found a multitrack of touch of grey but it is not my fav tone of his.
This is on my list of things to do, been a little too busy to play around with the II very much. I've compared the isolated tone with my own isolated tone from gigs, and I can hear that Jerry's is brighter but the dirt I had dialed in is actually very close to the real thing, as is the reverb. I will post the comparison at some point here ...
 #113239  by hippieguy1954

jkstraw wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:Are you guys sampling Jerry? :smile: :smile: :smile:
That's the idea in essence. Now if I could only sample his touch and technique :-)
Seems a bit like cheeting to me! To each their own! :smile: :smile: :smile: