#113086  by SNWRS

Anybody know the story behind it? I know started using it in fall of '73 through 74 and he now uses it with Furthur. Either that or it's a reissue. Anyone know how he got it?
 #113103  by SNWRS

I'd forgotten about that pic. I wonder which one is the one he used 73-74. I love the tone of it. So buzz-saw like.
 #113110  by Smolder

In the ratdog reunion broadcast earlier this year on TRI, Bobby talked about that guitar. Apparently he at one point hated it and just hung it on the wall for years... only to pull it down fairly recently and start playing it. I'm sure others have more detail... not sure if that broadcast is captured anywhere, but it's a goodin.
 #113113  by hippieguy1954

I remember seeing him with a red one back in the '70's too. Wonder what happened to that one? :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #113121  by hippieguy1954

Not sure if the red one had the trapeze tail piece or the stop tail piece. I'm pretty sure that is the only difference between 335 and 345. I could be mistaken though.
I had a '72 345 that I had Tom Doyel replace the trapeze tail piece with a stop tail piece.
Was beautiful burgandy. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #113126  by SNWRS

The red one was an ES-345.
 #113127  by SNWRS

Smolder wrote:In the ratdog reunion broadcast earlier this year on TRI, Bobby talked about that guitar. Apparently he at one point hated it and just hung it on the wall for years... only to pull it down fairly recently and start playing it. I'm sure others have more detail... not sure if that broadcast is captured anywhere, but it's a goodin.
Huh, that's interesting.