#112700  by stuco

I have been thoroughly enjoying the complete shows that people have been putting up on youtube, a lot of them have video as well! It is in the spirit of the GD to make these available for people all over the world to enjoy for free. Anybody have any favorite shows they've watched?

I really liked this one I watched the other day: 8-5-79 Oakland

#112703  by mijknahs

I love all the early 80's shows that have been put up ('79-'85). It was amazing to actually see video from Greek 84. Love it when Garcia drops the "bomb" (low E) towards the end of the Scarlet solo.
 #112704  by alcorelectric

That the second appearance of Tiger according to Dozins site
What is Bob playing a "Ibanez 2622"?
I dont see the Cowboy inlays on the body
but I see three switches up top and three PUs
Very cool
thanks for the link
T
 #112705  by JonnyBoy

I have seen a few in the past, but there have been a lot more around lately. Our band has commented on that same thing... The world has become such a small place where we all can notice little things like this all over the Earth. Been diggin' it too!
 #112726  by Maybeck09

Yeah, I've been enjoying too. Someone has synced really good sound with these vids. Watching this Miss 1/2 Step you can see and hear each guitar. Nice interplay.
 #112739  by mttourpro

I didn't check it out, but more than likely, voodoonola is who posted that. he is responsible for putting up a LOT of great shows.

His channel is worth putting in your toolbar.

Voodoonola, thanks for all your efforts.
 #112775  by jeffm725

alcorelectric wrote:That the second appearance of Tiger according to Dozins site
What is Bob playing a "Ibanez 2622"?
I dont see the Cowboy inlays on the body
but I see three switches up top and three PUs
Very cool
thanks for the link
T
Bob had at least one "cowboy" without the inlays on the Body
 #113049  by old man down

Even if the video is really old, they're still high quality audio, it seems. Was watching 17.4.1972 Denmark, a Europe '72 show, and it seems like the audio is constant but the video has been cut and spliced. And the synch up is really decent. Some cool tips can be gained from these videos on where Garcia gets certain effects playing that Fender. He's got a really fat, hot sound. Everything really solid. He's baked.