Gr8fulGreg wrote:I pulled the power tubes out this morning and have 0 sound when i plug into my power amp to my cab.... I can plug into the pre amp out but there is no reverb.... anyone have another idea? put power tubes back in? idk i dont want to fry my amp but it sounds like crap without reverb
Here's what I did greg with my deluxe vm(same scenario with fx send pre out).
1. Popped the grill out held by velcro and bolted a nice exact cut 1/2 inch piece of plywood where the grill used to be (covered it with a batik skirt girlfriend's ....ssssshhh chopped up enough 2 staple gun around back edges of wood n screwed Fender symbol in the center.
2. Bolted the crap celestion 120 factory fender speaker face1st to the inside of the wood faceplate inside cab to 99% muffle it and hooked it to ext speaker jack(weaker)
3. That will take care of your power section failure ?
4. Leave all tubes in=reverb.
5. use send fx loop jack in the back as your preamp out to a class a amp of your choice and hook that to your 2 jbl's.
Option is to use the Internal jack to fuel your jbl's which is a 40watt signal for 2 jbl's(not big enough for me or my e120) skipping above steps.
My setup uses steps 1 to 5 and my fx send goes into an mc2100 mono mode(100plus watts into my e120 on top) pic: