#111643  by HeadSpace

I have no experience with his guitars, but I did order a variety of brass parts from him for a Vantage Jerrycaster conversion and found the stuff to be top notch and Robert to be easy and pleasant to deal with. I think there are pics of my finished home brew guitar on his site, in fact.
 #111761  by stuco

That's cool HeadSpace, thanks for the feedback. I noticed those brass parts on his site, looks like quality stuff. Now looking back I see your Vantage, it came out great! Did you do the fretboard inlays yourself?
 #111851  by HeadSpace

Thanks! Wish I could claim credit but the fretboard inlays are actually those stickers that the Japanese guy sells on ebay and through his site. They look pretty realistic, though, even up close.
 #111853  by hippieguy1954

Amazing and beautiful work! Sometimes when I see the pics of the different, really well done, hand mades such as these it makes me wonder if I should sell all my guitars and just have one of these. It's a hard call. I really love my guitars. There is always the "save up" for it option, but these days saving ain't easy! :roll:
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111854  by strumminsix

hippieguy1954 wrote:Amazing and beautiful work! Sometimes when I see the pics of the different, really well done, hand mades such as these it makes me wonder if I should sell all my guitars and just have one of these. It's a hard call. I really love my guitars. There is always the "save up" for it option, but these days saving ain't easy! :roll:
:smile: :smile: :smile:
I now have 2 custom guitars from a local guy and they are the only ones I ever play. Many things are going up for sale.
 #111872  by stuco

HeadSpace wrote:Thanks! Wish I could claim credit but the fretboard inlays are actually those stickers that the Japanese guy sells on ebay and through his site. They look pretty realistic, though, even up close.
Oh ok, yeah I never would have known they were stickers. I bought a 'wolf' inlay/decal from him (I think it was him) that is very nice.
 #111951  by pvdr-2008

The first "wolf" copy was mine. I had wanted one since I first saw it in the early '70's when I was in college. Robert was such a great guy to work with. He had talent, and I had 45 years of Dead stories. Very good experience all around. He is very good, and very reasonable. You will get a great guitar for 50% of the going rate for comparable quality. Plus, he is really into it. Very sincere, and will make sure that it is right. I can't recommend him highly enough.
 #112776  by JCDUBB

That Tiger/Rosebud guitar is mine. Its an amazing instrument. I would recommend Bob Rusch to anyone. The guy is incredibly talented and great to work with. He worked with me to get every last detail incorporated into the guitar including some pretty cool electronics such as a phaser and a TCE-1 booster (just like Jerry used to use). If you are thinking about a custom Irwin style guitar Bob is the man! Can't say enough good things about the guitar or the experience working with Bob!
 #112782  by strumminsix

JCDUBB wrote: some pretty cool electronics such as a phaser and a TCE-1 booster (just like Jerry used to use).
Care to expand on those? Sounds interesting!