When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #111432  by ugly rumor

Ernie Williams, a great bluesman with whom I was privileged to play, and who I loved with my soul, died about an hour ago. A part of me died, also. The pain you feel when a loved one dies is incredible. Check out ErnieWilliams.com. He was truly a beautiful person and a true friend.
 #111435  by jackr

I didnt know who he was. But i went to the site and listened. GREAT STUFF. So sorry for your loss. Apparently it was a loss for all of us. Bummer, but thanks for letting us know.
 #111436  by hippieguy1954

So sorry. That's a hard one, man. Dear friends are rare. Be strong. I feel ya brother.
 #111451  by easytoslip

sorry for your loss

perhaps does not compare with the loss of a human, but my parents' old kitty died recently and I was completely surprised at my own outpouring of grief

to quote Perpetual Groove: "Oh, to feel.."

Feelings have been fascinating me for some time now. To quote Ryan Montbleau Band: "Sadness and pleasure so close together, can't seem to tell the difference". It's an interesting phenomenon, when you are sobbing and you kind of feel awesome. I don't really like that empty feeling after, but I remind myself that now I've got space for more joy.
 #111452  by hippieguy1954

easytoslip wrote:sorry for your loss

perhaps does not compare with the loss of a human, but my parents' old kitty died recently and I was completely surprised at my own outpouring of grief

to quote Perpetual Groove: "Oh, to feel.."

Feelings have been fascinating me for some time now. To quote Ryan Montbleau Band: "Sadness and pleasure so close together, can't seem to tell the difference". It's an interesting phenomenon, when you are sobbing and you kind of feel awesome. I don't really like that empty feeling after, but I remind myself that now I've got space for more joy.
It's interesting and very natural how we feel sorry for ourselves, as well, when we loose someone. :cry:
 #111471  by tcsned

My condolences, Ricky. It's easy for those not dealing with a loss to say "celebrate his life instead of mourning his loss" but that is easier said than done. So I say go ahead and mourn but keep sight of the positive that this person brought to you and others in his life.

Is this the Ernie Williams from New York? If so, it seems like he lived a full life of music gigging into his late 80s. We should be so lucky.
 #111607  by The Stag

I got to meet him afew times and got some picures with him at a gore mountain jam festival. he was a great musican as well as a great dude. RIP.