rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #111317  by jeffm725
 Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm
http://www.jambands.com/news/2012/03/17 ... auctioned/

""Notable inclusions in the list of auction items are rare oil paintings and airbrush originals by Garcia, Garcia’s sunglasses, handwritten set lists, a set of Bill Kreutzmann’s drums, Garcia’s amplifiers, a Takamine guitar used for acoustic shows from 1985 to 1988, an Ibanez guitar designed by Ibanez and Bob Weir for Garcia in 1977, Garcia sketchbooks, rare items from the Wall of Sound, the original preliminary cover art for Europe ’72 and much more. ""

I wonder which Ibby it is, the Musician we see the few pics of him playing or the real Ornate MC5000 with that crazy ass tree of life.
 #111364  by Pete B.
 Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:58 am
paulinnc wrote:For some reason I have a hard time seeing Jerry riding a Harley, that doesn't mean he didn't own it, maybe it was a gift from the Hells Angels?
I've heard there are pics somewhere of Jerry riding a Vespa across the Golden Gate Bridge, but have never seen them.
 #111365  by paulinnc
 Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:59 am
Pete B. wrote:
paulinnc wrote:For some reason I have a hard time seeing Jerry riding a Harley, that doesn't mean he didn't own it, maybe it was a gift from the Hells Angels?
I've heard there are pics somewhere of Jerry riding a Vespa across the Golden Gate Bridge, but have never seen them.
I could easily see that.
 #111368  by jeffm725
 Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:25 am
They havent released the auction catalog yet, its coming.
 #111376  by RiverRat
 Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:19 am
Pete B. wrote:
The Vespa was mentioned in his will, he still owned it when he died.
 #111380  by tigerstrat
 Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:17 pm
We might finally get a decent look at the Ibby JG played for a month or so!