When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #110706  by seamones

I did some general googling on this but couldn't find anything....so i cut the side of my index finger with a kitchen knife (accidentally) kinda parallel to the nail on the thumb-facing side. Its not directly in the line of fire, but it definitely affects playing. A regular bandaid doesn't quite do it, with all that extra material hanging over and all... y'all got any first aid tips? Got rehersal and don't want to be totally gimped....
 #110708  by eric

super glue....or even better...gorilla glue....or you could just go the jerry route....
 #110711  by hippieguy1954

eric wrote:super glue....or even better...gorilla glue....or you could just go the jerry route....
+1 :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #110718  by Rusty the Scoob

I've always liked cloth/atheletic tape for finger injuries when band-aids wouldn't do. Any Walgreens or CVS will have it, probably near the ace bandages.

Superglue also works. Bring the bottle with, I used to have to apply it every set on my two playing fingers for fingerstyle bass. It changes your tone a little until it softens if it's on a right-hand fingering surface.
 #110804  by wolftigerrosebud

kinda different, but i broke my hand recently and IMO you oughta just take a couple days off from playing and let your hand heal. if it's really too painful to play, your body's sending you a clear message. i took a week off when i broke my hand and came back to playing with a vigor and enthusiasm i haven't had for the last couple years. jerry mentioned something about that in an interview once -- you shouldn't go out of your way to take breaks like that, but if that's the situation you've got, it's not necessarily all bad.