When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #110255  by tcsned

I think that was the year he came and played a bar here in Blacksburg - he had some serious chops for a 13 year-old. He sure has developed the depth and breadth that you can't possibly have at that age.
 #110290  by easytoslip

right on, thanks for the link! I recently bumped into a vid that had the same title as your thread but the vid was marked private. I can't get enough of Trucks these days (w. Tedeschi preferably)
 #110930  by gr8fulbluz

oh yeah I remember him as the kid with a ball cap pulled down over his face who was too young to even get in the bar. He was pretty much always around if ya wanted to see him in florida back in the 90s if i recall correctly, just had to poke around.

cool old vid!
 #110946  by Mr.Burns

Believe it or not, Derek is mostly self-taught. Maybe you should go check out a show at the Beacon. The Brothers do some amazing stuff nowadays. :hail:
 #120564  by TI4-1009

Holy Crap.
 #120565  by SlowTexasZim

I saw him with the Gregg Allman band in Ft. Worth at Caravan of Dreams when D Trucks was 15. Small venue, table up front with friends. Greatness! His playing is like a fine wine...just keeps getting better. :drink: