Place for the rest of the music
 #110106  by Adam Deckard

Sounds Awesome dude! Like your axe better though. :-)
magic pick trick @ 1:15
I have been practicing this per the video you posted on the subject. Thanks!
Also, I have been playing this song for years, but always just kind of did my own little licks that consumed the same number of beats and what not. Is there a solid tutorial of this being finger picked anywhere? I have seen a closeup of billbill playing it but I don't believe that was learning based...

Anyone? Bueler?
 #110108  by mijknahs

Adam Deckard wrote:Sounds Awesome dude! Like your axe better though. :-)
Yes, I like my axe better but something like this would be good in a pinch. I thought it still got a pretty good tone from the stock pickups and no buffer.
 #110112  by Adam Deckard

Well my ears don't quite pick up on the subtleties of different tones all that much. Of course after a couple ieds and the like they do not hear a lot of things quite as well as they used to, but it DOES sound like a decent Jerry tone to me. How much of that is your rig? Would that guitar have a similar tone if I plugged it straight into my fender hot rod 4x10?
 #110118  by mijknahs

Adam Deckard wrote: How much of that is your rig? Would that guitar have a similar tone if I plugged it straight into my fender hot rod 4x10?
It is partially the rig. Hard to say how much. I can still get a good tone going straight into a Fender Twin but the McIntosh does give a different dimension. I guess I'd have to try it in different amp before commenting on that. I have not played through a Fender Hot Rod amp but I heard they are good Jerry amps.