name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #91612  by barefootdave

Hey everybody,

Just found the board over New Years weekend while researching online preparing to *sniff* sell my Resurrection Bolt.

My name is David Keith, I currently live in Stuart, FL which is on the east coast just north of West Palm Beach. Started playing in college in the mid 1980s. First GD show June 6 1991 at Deer Creek, 10th row directly in front of Jerry. Changed my life forever, wasn't even a fan before that day. Went to 25 shows up to the final run at Soldier Field in 1995. Going to Weir/Wasserman tonight in Ft Lauderdale.

Been playing in what are essentially GD cover bands for about the last 14 years; been fortunate enough to open for Dark Star Orchestra, Jefferson Starship, and even JGB but of course Jerry was already gone by that point.

Currently doing solo acoustic stuff here in FL and also just started a new band called BearFoot, which is a combo play on my stage name Barefoot Dave and the GD dancing bear. We do mostly GD and JGB stuff as much as we can get away with, and add in Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Neil Young, etc. as needed to fill in the gaps.

My current rig for the band consists of

Guitar (see below) --> Zen Drive --> A/B switch --> Line 6 Multi Effect Pedal --> Dr. Z MAZ 18 Combo (or 1980 Fender Super Champ for small rooms)
the A/B switch is used to bypass the effect pedal completely and go straight into 2nd input on Dr. Z

Line 6 Pedal is used for Mutron, chorus, compression, delay, and Leslie effects.

Stage Guitars:

2005 Resurrection Bolt Hollow Body Custom (leaving soon)
1994 Fender Robben Ford Custom Shop
1995 PRS Custom 22
1959 Fender Esquire
1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard
2001 Gibson ES-175
2005 Line 6 Variax w/ Warmoth neck (don't laugh, the thing is amazing!)
2006 Rainsong Acoustic
 #91613  by barefootdave

AAARRRGGGHHH!!

How do I get that picture of Vince to NOT post next to my user name?

Not a Vince fan.
 #91644  by tcsned

barefootdave wrote:AAARRRGGGHHH!!

How do I get that picture of Vince to NOT post next to my user name?

Not a Vince fan.
lol - keep posting, your pic will change as you post more :-)
I'm not a huge fan of the Vince, Vince/Bruce era but I think that had more to do with the condition of the lead guitarist than who was playing the keyboards. From all accounts I've heard, Vince was a good guy put in an awful situation.

btw - welcome aboard! Nice collection of guitars. How's the Rainsong?
 #91705  by jackr

Hi Dave, Welcome. We dont get too many other south floridians here. I am from Wellington. I know Pat pretty well too. That is a nice guitar he made for you. I have a Bolt I'll be selling shortly.

Nice guitar collection. Are you a Robben Ford fan?

Any videos of your band?
 #91774  by krzykat

Hey BareFoot, did you used to live in Oregon? I knew a Barefoot Dave that blew glass in Eugene
 #92928  by barefootdave

Hey just figured out how to get emails when threads I am interested in get new posts.

No I didn't live in Oregon, but I know there are a couple of other "Barefoot Dave's" out there. The guy that owns barefootdave.com is a barefoot water skier.

I adopted that name when I moved to FL and started playing again, and realized the name David Keith wouldn't stand out in an area where there were a ton of other guys doing solo acoustic stuff. Since people have made fun of me for years for hardly ever wearing shoes, I adopted the barefoot thing as a stage name, and it has worked very well. People I have never met tell me all the time they have heard of me, and I doubt they would remember my name (I am just not that good) if I were performing under my normal name. The barefoot name also transitioned well when I began teaching yoga.

BTW, the Resurrection is still for sale, and now up on ebay is a Gibson J185 12 string (like a J200) if anyone is interested.
 #120020  by delilah-o

Greetings ya'll. The place seems dead here. AHAHA!

:|

sorry

Barefoot, does your band still play & do you have a website/schedule/calendar please?

I enjoy playing guitar, harmonica, keyboard, somewhat drums

would love to be able to jam with some fellow muscians sometime
 #120023  by barefootdave

Delilah,

I had a stroke about a year and a half ago that put everything on hold. In the past few months, I have been feeling well enough to start back up again. I moved into a house that has a great room for jamming as well, so I was getting ready to put the call out and rally the troops.

Where do you live? It would be fun to get together and jam soon and see if there is a fit. I want to add keys to the band, and our drummer also plays sax, so it would be great to have someone that can fill in on the kit to let him get up and blow his horn a few times during the night.

BFD
 #121710  by racecar

Hello fellow S. Florida deadheads,

My band , Unlimited Devotion is playing Dec. 28th at The Stage in Miami for a special holiday dance party. One acoustic and two electric sets .

Also playing on Jan 26 at Funky Biscuit in Boca Raton.

Would enjoy meeting some of you .

We play both GD and Pink Floyd.

Al Z.