name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #103817  by Grateful Dad

mkaufman wrote:Don't forget spitting!

mk
yup...and don't forget the constant tinkering with levels, knobs, and switches during a song.

And the occasional karate kick to the stack when all else fails.

:smile:
 #103821  by hotasaPistol

When I saw the Alpine Meadows show at Lake Tahoe sometime in mid '80's he kicked the shit out of his amps and it was hilarious...some folks have said that may be the worst Grateful Dead show of all time.......it was like 2 half sets and then a set..I don't think he was happy at all that show........funny shit.....
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #109207  by jeffm725

Easonpan wrote:Go see Furthur! Bobby is really using his design and you can notice him very well.
There is something about being there and viewing him in individual that really allows with acknowledging his design.
The videos are very excellent as well, but not quite the same as being there. :-)

WOW Gold

I heard Bobby used his "design" on your cornhole
 #109281  by Walknbluez

Adam Deckard wrote:nobody mentioned doing the head tilt, spitting, or wearing very small shorts? I thought these were staples...
Don't forget the occasional knee lift!
 #109668  by rkubik

For the Bobby is it essential to wear the moccasins and the sunglasses from a gas station? Sorry just watched one of the view from the vaults and had to add that. love Bobby and his style. Wish I was even close to getting a handle on how his mind operates. The more I listen to the dead the more my ear comes off Jerry and gets so much more of an appreciation for what Bobby was doing especially in the later years. Very unique style in my opinion and essential for the sound of the Dead, just greatly under rated.
 #109684  by Mr.Burns

You may also want to get some color coordinated flip-flops or a freaky snake shirt. And for the crown jewel a hot pink super strat with three bridge pickups.
 #109690  by Pete B.

Adam Deckard wrote:nobody mentioned doing the head tilt, spitting, or wearing very small shorts? I thought these were staples...
'Definitely need to rock a pair of "Bobby Dukes"...
It says right here... ""Daisy Dukes" are extremely short, form-fitting, denim cut-off shorts worn by young women..."
http://www.apparelsearch.com/definition ... _dukes.htm
 #109714  by easytoslip

strumminsix wrote:
Firstly, learn the CAGED form forms for all your chords, then hear how the C & G forms sound diff than AED forms, then learn it's the order of the strummed notes.

Next learn in versions, then complimentary partial chords, then contrasting chords, then when to add a sus4, toss a diminished in and walk it 3 steps up and down then 3 more steps after that, and think like a piano person. :lol:

Um, play on the beat, just after the beat, then far after.

And a tap-tempo delay!

Use effects properly

Get that tone setup right where you are strong down to the low-mids and crystal clear upper range

Learn to play the electric like an acoustic then vice-versa then when to do it!

I can't help you any more than that. Since that's just where I am!
i dig this