#108791  by claytushaywood

I've been emailing SSP cabs trying to get something going for a long time now, no response sometimes and the other times he's told me he's busy and to check out his personal life or something. with no tenative date or real info.

I'm not interested in paying for a hard truckers cabinet or anywhere near the price. Anyone out there interested in building a jerry style cab for me? or anyone just have any type of 2x12 or even a 1x15 they dont need?
 #108800  by ugly rumor

If you send me the dimensions, I'll build you a cabinet for cost. This is for bass, I presume? I have a very nice piece that I have been thinking of building on the fEARFUL design. I also may have a meyer speaker PM me if you are interested. I come through Kentucky several times per year at irregular intervals, as I still own a house in Virginia, so I could even deliver it for you. Let me know.
 #108814  by modz

Sorry if I didn't get back to ya. The cabinet thing is a little side thing for fun and it kind of got out of hand and I'm the only one in my shop:) I'm trying not to make people wait for cabs, even though many have:) I'm way back ordered and trying to play music as much as possible which is #1 in my life. No disrespect to anyone. I don't know how much time he has but PM Hogan on here, his stuff looks great and of course Hard Truckers. I am working on a batch of 2 dozen right now.
The check my life out thing is my signature on every email and is a link to shows I'm playing :cool:
 #109295  by barefootdave

Claytus,

There is a guy named David Taylor in Louisville that can build you a very nice cab, he just did a Hard Truckers clone for me. PM me for his contact info.

He plays in a band called Stonewheel and is a big deadhead. He also knows the guys in Born Crosseyed, you can talk to Lee (lead guitar) about his work.
 #109315  by paulinnc

+1 for Hogan. I have a 2x12 with webers in it. Good guy and very easy to deal with. I ordered the speakers from Weber and had them shipped to him and built the cab and installed the speakers.
 #109562  by Woody

I can build you a 2x12 for half the price of a Hard Truckers. Their stuff is fantastic, but you've got to pay for the name, and the overhead. I'm always looking for work, so let me know if I can help.

Here are some shots of one I built for a friend a couple of years ago.

ImageImage
 #109720  by Emoto

I am the friend that Woody built the cabinet for. Excellent work all the way around, and recommended.