#108630  by Rusty the Scoob

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Nice guys finish last every time.
:drink: :drink: :drink:
I'm not sure how I feel about this statement. I've found myself in a few situations lately where I have to be an asshole, and it usually really doesn't contribute to my happiness to do so. But sometimes it just needs to be done.

I guess you have to decide if this is one of those times. FWIW, you'll always be Tennessee Jedi to me, and he'll always be David Gans.
 #108635  by pappypgh

WOW.

You know what? Screw him. I would call his show on XM/Sirius. Tell the chick who answers the phone you want to talk about Furthur tour, then hit him with this:
"Hey David, this is the REAL Tennessee Jedi! Remember? We were BSing one day then a week later, you magically thought up a new name for your band? Good times - just wanted to publicly thank you."

Could be a simple misunderstanding, but it don't smell too good from here. Just sayin'. YOU are THE Jedi, Tom. Even though I 'm going to win the Playoff Fantasy league.

;0)
 #108654  by dgans

I apologize for this blunder of ours. We didn't look hard enough to find out if the name was in use. Now that we see it is, we're giving up the name and looking for a new one for our band. Again, sorry for upsetting anyone! - DG
 #108657  by tcsned

Good on you David! Lol I was just posting that I would take the tact that it's probably a misunderstanding and explaining things might do the trick. As I said earlier, love that arrangement of New Speedway - very cool take on that tune!
 #108660  by strumminsix

dgans wrote:I apologize for this blunder of ours. We didn't look hard enough to find out if the name was in use. Now that we see it is, we're giving up the name and looking for a new one for our band. Again, sorry for upsetting anyone! - DG
David, I think most of us can understand having a good idea, wondering how we got the inspiration for that wonderful idea and then days later realize we heard about it a few weeks back!

PS - welcome!
 #108662  by PaulJay

Tom, This is great the way things worked out. There might be still hope for all of us. Good Luck to you as the real Tennessee Jedi. :smile:
 #108690  by Tennessee Jedi

Thanks for the support Mi Amigos
It was just a real cosmic coincidence nothing more
Thanks David and good luck - you guys sound excellent.
- TD
 #108722  by mttourpro

PaulJay wrote:Tom, This is great the way things worked out. There might be still hope for all of us. Good Luck to you as the real Tennessee Jedi. :smile:

Right on! Glad to see DGans reaffirm the proper ethos in our scene.