#108594  by tcsned

Is that David Gans singing and playing guitar?

Cool version of that tune!
 #108604  by hogan

edited for civility on my own behalf. All's well that ends well.
Last edited by hogan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #108609  by FretfulDave

Yo Tom. That really sucks. You have had that name for years... on MySpace, Facebook, reverbnation and this board, the holiest of holies.

Just goes to show that you don't ever know... there are a lot of unkind folks out there. These guys who make a living directly off the Dead are scoundrels and louses just like the regular vermin you meet on the street. Total bullshit.

I'll never listen to his radio programs again. This is quite a slap in the face! but you have the name, it's yours nand you can prove it with the sign up dates and all from the various sites. Hell, we got a picture from a number of years ago with me holding the bumper sticker with the band name "Tennessee Jedi".

Boycott Gans and company! They are nothing better than run of the mill thieves.

Jeez, you would think and hope that the greater Dead community would be better human beings than this...

Time to do a little soul searching about humanity and those associated with the Grateful Dead.

Dave
 #108610  by tcsned

Cool version of that tune, but not too cool to swipe a name. I agree with Hogan, keep on keeping on and don't change a thing. I've been kinda in the same boat - we've got a pretty common band name that has been used by a bunch of others. I haven't had any real issues coexisting except some kids from NC using "The Kind" and some of my friends traveled down the road to see them thinking it was us. The only grief I've ever gotten was from some hippie shop in Va Beach. Brad Sarno was involved or friends with one in St Louis about the same time we started up - no issues. I believe there was some mainstream rock band from Chicago that had that the name that predated us. There was no internet to search to find out who all was out there. For the most part we've not had any problems coexisting for the last 26 years with old fuckers like us or young whipper-snappers. Until someone gets famous it's probably not gonna be an issue.

It's still lame if he did this knowingly. I can't believe in this day and age that he wouldn't have at least gooogled the name before using it. If he did swipe it from you then he's a shit for doing so. That's his karma, keep yours in tact. If he wants to be a douche let him but don't let it change what you do.
 #108623  by FretfulDave

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Man I give up
I either friended him last week or posted on his page last week and now this
He said he didnt know

Looks like the Jedi mentioned it to Gans. Either the dude is total jerk or is an ignoramus.
tcsned wrote: ...
It's still lame if he did this knowingly. I can't believe in this day and age that he wouldn't have at least gooogled the name before using it. If he did swipe it from you then he's a shit for doing so. That's his karma, keep yours in tact. If he wants to be a douche let him but don't let it change what you do.
It is lame. When looking for band names, I know there are a lot of threads about it and most names I was trying showed up with a simple Google search. I even passed on one that was a starland vocal band or ABBA tribute and had nothing to do with jam music or the Dead but I didn't take it anyhow. This is an extra slap cause Jedi is all about a Dead band and has been for years.

The advice from tcsned is solid. And you can believe that "what goes around, comes around".

Dave