Chat about Equipment Info
 #105410  by seanc

I did just post this as a different thread.

But, I called and ordered a bunch directly from Dunlop. They have some left. They are out of production and when they are gone they are gone. Or at least that is what the person on the phone told me. they were 16.03/ dozen plus shipping.
 #108451  by vincentlepes

Sorry to make my first post here a resurrection, but in case any of you missed it,they are back! I was looking to get some more picks (I lost the 4 I got for $16 on some forum last year) since I haven't found a replacement so far that I like, and discovered that Dunlop has run more and will continue to do so as long as there is demand...you can buy them on their website now! So excited! I took the mojo with a grain of salt but honestly just fell in love with these picks fast. I always felt at the mercy of floppier and slicker picks and something about these seems to be balanced just right :). They also have a great string scratch sound on the flat sides.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/the-adamas-graphite-pick/
 #108514  by Ccoates455

Duplicating my post from another thread...

I just found this thread and wanted to let everyone know that I have a supply of the original Adamas Picks. I bought all that Dunlop had when I was told the following by my Dunlop Rep.

I owned a music store in Indiana for several years and this is what I was told by my Dunlop Rep, maybe someone from Dunlop can confirm this: The graphite used for the original Adamas pick came from a small mine in Africa. Supposedly it was a unique blend of graphite that came from this mine. Several years ago the supply of this graphite was exhausted and was the reason for them stopping production. There was a small batch that they found after they stopped production. I bought all of both of these batches of picks and still have some of them left.

As far as the new ones vs old, maybe the new ones are a different blend to replicate the old blend? (Completely speculating here). I haven't seen or held any of the new batch so I have no way of comparing the two. I also have never seen nor held the Telefuken so no way of comparing them either.

Anyhow if anyone is interested in the original Adamas Picks I am willing to start parting with some of them. I would do $30 per bag of 6, limit of one bag per person. I would offer free shipping within the US. If I still have a decent supply after this first offering of one bag per person I may make another bag available for those interested. You can reach me at ccoates455 at gmail dot com.
 #108615  by TI4-1009

News flash! The Chicago Mercantile Exchange has Jerry picks listed now- right between the pork futures and soybean options.

That select stand of Western Maple in the Rockies where Irwin got his from is looking more attractive every day... :lol:
 #108618  by Emoto

I'd like to let you guys know about an exciting opportunity. For a limited time, I will be offering Adamas graphite picks for only $8.00 each that have undergone a secret proprietary process of my own invention that involves briefly touching each pick to my genitals. This not only imbues each pick with a unique and lusty harmonic character, but also provides the user with a very serious decision to make about just where to touch this rare and exotic musical icon. Having undegone such a dramatic change, it is only fitting that these amazing little DNA carriers get a new name. Henceforth and forevermore, these picks shall be called: Dicked Picks
 #108624  by TI4-1009

Emoto wrote:I'd like to let you guys know about an exciting opportunity. For a limited time, I will be offering Adamas graphite picks for only $8.00 each that have undergone a secret proprietary process of my own invention that involves briefly touching each pick to my genitals. This not only imbues each pick with a unique and lusty harmonic character, but also provides the user with a very serious decision to make about just where to touch this rare and exotic musical icon. Having undegone such a dramatic change, it is only fitting that these amazing little DNA carriers get a new name. Henceforth and forevermore, these picks shall be called: Dicked Picks

OK, I'll bite (badda boom). So which thread do I go to to post my "finger picks" joke? (thump) :lol:
 #108682  by Jon S.

In revolutionary France, the penalty for hoarding was the guillotine (just sayin' ;) ).
 #108861  by NSP

So, I just received a bag of the "new" Adamas picks and I'm diggin' them. Not a huge difference from the 1.5mm Dunlops I've been playing for years in terms of feel. But, I really like the raised lettering/pattern for grip-ability.

My question is for anyone who has or had the "original", are these currently available ones much different? If someone handed me one of these new ones without knowing what it was, I'd think it was just a standard plastic or whatever else is in there. I would never suspect graphite was involved. Was that the case with the originals?
 #108862  by Tennessee Jedi

glocke12 wrote:Hey wait a minute...I bought a bunch of graphite picks from dunlop a couple of years ago, at the time they told ME that I had bought the absolute last batch of them!!
You had a mother load ,too
:-)
Been using them for a few weeks and love them
:hail:
 #109832  by Cmnaround

I finally tried some 2mm picks - after playing 0.88 and 0.96mm for years. They were not graphite, but I don't know how you guys do it. It felt like I was playing with a canoe paddle - very hard to feel any interaction w the strings.

Just my 2 cents - maybe someday I'll come around to the 2mm but they just seem über thick as of now.