rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #108518  by waldo041
 Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:15 pm
With the recent pic's of the Phiga Tiger, i thought i'd share some pics of my Moriarty Tiger.

peace,
waldo
 #108519  by tcsned
 Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:25 pm
Dang! That is one slick looking guitar Waldo.
 #108521  by Jimaroe
 Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:18 pm
That thing is sick. I can't wait for my Moriarty lefty wolf to be done this September. Anybody contemplating a build, I can tell you, Matt seems like a great guy and obviously, his work speaks for itself. I have had a conversation or two with Matt, and he is responsive and accessible. I'll post some pics of my guitar when available. Waldo, your guitar makes me want to sell my car and get a Tiger too. Lol. All seriousness, that axe is a beaut.
 #108522  by mgbills
 Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:06 pm
Well...if I start actually saving money instead of buying more amps I don't need...

No question...that's where my $$$ is going.

Stunning really. Does it play as nice as it looks? Loaded question I realize.

Peace
M
 #108524  by strumminsix
 Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:33 pm
Looks nice but are your high strings at an odd angle at the bridge?
 #108527  by Grant
 Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:46 pm
Unbelievable! wow

glad you finally got one Mike
 #108530  by mijknahs
 Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:54 pm
These are the best pics of a Moriarty Tiger I've seen and I'm floored! So amazing it's crazy. I can't believe you finally got one.
 #108539  by rob
 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:10 pm
Whoa... :hail:
 #108553  by Mandoborg
 Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:59 am
These are the threads i always think about when Lieber comes sniffing around here with all his Doug Irwin BS. Granted this is a copy IRWINS design, but why would you even consider a guitar from someone who hasn't made a guitar in ages, probably take ages to get it, if at all, and you have to go through somebody else to talk to the guy your handing over your $$$$$$$ too ?? There are so many GREAT guitar builders today it's almost laughable what has become of the whole Lieber/Irwin thing. This work is top notch and a fair price for sure. Even the Phigas have come a LONG way. So when folks come on here and say that they might be able to get you a guitar by such and such on the thrid moon of the 14 month of the appocolypse after traveling the seven seas to find the maker......... look elsewhere.

This is not intended to be a dig at Lieber or Irwin, just a reality check, not only have builders closed in, they've surpassed.
 #108562  by TI4-1009
 Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:39 am
Mandoborg wrote:These are the threads i always think about when Lieber comes sniffing around here with all his Doug Irwin BS. Granted this is a copy IRWINS design, but why would you even consider a guitar from someone who hasn't made a guitar in ages, probably take ages to get it, if at all, and you have to go through somebody else to talk to the guy your handing over your $$$$$$$ too ?? There are so many GREAT guitar builders today it's almost laughable what has become of the whole Lieber/Irwin thing. This work is top notch and a fair price for sure. Even the Phigas have come a LONG way. So when folks come on here and say that they might be able to get you a guitar by such and such on the thrid moon of the 14 month of the appocolypse after traveling the seven seas to find the maker......... look elsewhere.

This is not intended to be a dig at Lieber or Irwin, just a reality check, not only have builders closed in, they've surpassed.
With all due respect, I don't think statements like this are in the best interests of the board. I understand they reflect the opinions of the poster, and "it's a free country", but I think the Moderators should bend over backwards in the direction of not driving away some of the most significant visitors that we get here. Does Rick Turner ring a bell?? Comeon guys, use your heads! Count to 100, re-read your post a third time before hitting "submit".

Beautiful guitar Waldo!
 #108572  by Pete B.
 Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 am
Are there any Youtubes of you playing thru some Jerry stuff on that axe?
Nice!