#107656  by NeebruM

They're sure pretty....

He may have Vox speakers in them for that English" sound. He leaned that way for years.

I'll die a Fender man, though.
 #107878  by racecar

I believe Bob uses aN Oldfield Marquis 15 with 4 ten inch speakers in them. I believe the speakers are tone tubbies. Oldfield offers various speaker options. They are awesome amps. The Marquis line has British voicing.
 #107884  by Stone

I believe Bobby was still using his vox cabs at the last Furthur show I saw which are only there to compliment his IEM's. Similar stuff going on at TRI except his FOH feed is coming from the amp. Probably a combo of stage volume and his other rig being on a truck. Or perhaps the Eleven direct didn't sound as good in a studio situation. Very nice looking amps. :cool:
 #107971  by Sbaron4153

Well two reason, control volume since its a theater and control feed back from having the magnets from the pickups hitting the speakers directly
 #107974  by Dozin

On tour he's been using the new VOX AC30 hand wired amps, with tone tubbys speakers. The Unfield amps look like a TRI one time deal to me back last June.

#107979  by strumminsix

Let's talk a bit more WHY they compliment Bobby's IEM's.

I goto Sensaphonics in Chicago and have the same thing Bobby has their 3D active ambient:
http://www.sensaphonics.com/?p=363

What this does is 2 fold:
1 - brings in a feed from the monitor board
2 - it has microphones on the earpieces and an amp in the body pack with an attenuator so he hears the whole stage but quieter in 4db increments.

This works in tandem with a body pack like a Shure so he has volume controls from the board on that along with attenuation from the 3D so complete control.

So I'd speculate that this is less about the "feel" that folks say and more about him represented in both mixes.
 #107981  by Dozin

Makes sense to me Strum
 #107984  by strumminsix

Dozin wrote:Makes sense to me Strum
Dude, if you ever worry about your ears you should check them out. They are an investment (2500) but worth it in my opinion!!
 #108026  by racecar

Dozin wrote:On tour he's been using the new VOX AC30 hand wired amps, with tone tubbys speakers. The Unfield amps look like a TRI one time deal to me back last June.

I believe the speakers in this Vox are Celestion Blues, not Tone Tubbies. I could be wrong as I cannot really read it, but I know what the back of Tone Tubby and Celestion speakers look like. Plus this particular model came with the Blues speakers as standard . They are great speakers. This amp is a great amp.......and uses eL84 tubes in the output section. I think Bobby has preferred the British voicing over the years.
 #108029  by Dozin

If you right click on the image and view image, you can see a larger picture of the cab. Looks like Tone Tubby 40/40's to me. Plus you can see the bicep.