Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #106905  by jackevorkian

Selling a few things to make room for a new amp...

SMS CTP w/JG mod Brad used PRP resistors in this one, which as he put it: "The PRP's are really cool. They are metal films, so they exhibit the super low noise of the Garcia-Healy type "Dale" plate resistors, but they have an added sweetness or musicality to them where the Dales are more neutral. These kind of enhance the sweet harmonics like a vintage carbon comp, but have the crisp clarity and bell-tone clean-ness of a good, non-magnetic metal film type". I had Brad install a parallel output for running this into a two channel/stereo power amp.

Absolutely mint condition, with orig box, manual, power cord. $600 plus $25 for shipping in ConUS.SOLD

McIntosh MC2505 Excellent condition with a very small bubble on the glass. Works perfectly, sounds great. Includes the original shipping box, manual, panlocks and walnut case. The walnut case has a few scratches/chips, but generally is in very good condition. This has been a well cared for and maintained unit. I bought it off of Audiogon from the original owner. $850 including the walnut case, plus shipping...which could be close to $100 on this one.

Set of 4 Custom Cables High quality, custom cables to get you from the SMS>Mac>2 cabs for running in stereo. The SMS to Mac cables are Sommer Stratos and are 1/4" to RCA. The Mac to cab cables are Kimber cables and have spade to 1/4" connectors. All cables were made by Lava Cable and are built to last. $150 for the set, plus $15 shipping.

I have some pics and can take more if you have anything specific you would like to see. I am in New Haven, CT and would much rather do a pickup/delivery for these. The only trade I would be interested in is a 2x12 unloaded HT or Soundscaper cab.
Last edited by jackevorkian on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #106914  by jackevorkian

myoung6923 wrote:What amp are you getting?
Two Rock Studio Pro 35 1x12 combo. I needed less wattage and wanted a more portable and compact setup. After owning and/or playing just about every Fender and Fender inspired clone, I've found that a Pro Reverb with more mids is my ideal amp. The TR fits that description. I will use a 2x12 ext cab with it to get the big sound of a 3x12...don't want to stray too far from JG.
 #106915  by jackevorkian

gr8fullfred wrote:Do you think that setup would work good with a 2x12 cab with K120s? :)
I never used it with K's, but there are a lot of folks who use the SMS/Mac setup with K's. Sounded nice with D's and E's.
 #107401  by claytushaywood

jackevorkian wrote:
Two Rock Studio Pro 35 1x12 combo. I needed less wattage and wanted a more portable and compact setup. After owning and/or playing just about every Fender and Fender inspired clone, I've found that a Pro Reverb with more mids is my ideal amp. The TR fits that description. I will use a 2x12 ext cab with it to get the big sound of a 3x12...don't want to stray too far from JG.
what do you do to get more mids out of your pro reverb? what value pot or resistor? Also, do you have anymore info on those resistors... i'm actually about to mod my pro!
 #107423  by mijknahs

claytushaywood wrote:
jackevorkian wrote:
what do you do to get more mids out of your pro reverb? what value pot or resistor? Also, do you have anymore info on those resistors... i'm actually about to mod my pro!
The Two Rock Studio Pro 35 is a combo amp that is similar to a Pro Reverb but has more mids.
 #108295  by dastinybill

Great article, i just read one and you make simple conclusion and powerful to learn.I like the article's name..at firs, it leads your mind to someting else.:) but very good article.
cable tray