Chat about Equipment Info
 #103579  by guitarcats

Hi all, I have been lurking on here for sometime and likes what I see. I bought a Wolf guitar that Phil is in the process of finishing and should be done by the end of Oct. I have been a Dead fan since my first show at Foxboro in 89 and will always be a fan of the music. Jerry's wolf guitar has always been my favorite and I was debating between a Phiga and a Moriarty. After checking around and emailing a few people that had Phiga guitars I decided to make the leap. I think his latest version is pretty sweet and exactly what I was looking for. Enough with the yapping and on to the pics.......
And here is the final version.....
Last edited by guitarcats on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #103628  by Tennessee Jedi

Yo
Welcome aboard !
Good luck with the guitar
How long is the build ?
:smile:
 #103631  by strumminsix

TJ just took my staple welcome message :lol:

Welcome, dude! Sweet looking axe!
 #103635  by JonnyBoy

Nice! I am sure you will love it. Phiga has been making those guitars for many years, I am sure you will get a fine axe. A nice hand made guitar makes a world of difference in terms of playability and tone. Good luck and welcome Dude! :smile: And nice AXE!
 #103641  by strumminsix

JonnyBoy wrote: A nice hand made guitar makes a world of difference in terms of playability and tone
AGREED!!!
 #103699  by guitarcats

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Yo
Welcome aboard !
How long is the build ?
Thanks to all! I'm getting pretty excited about this one. This will be my 4th custom built guitar and since this one is a "Jerry" guitar it's making me crazy with the waiting, this is the guitar I have wanted for years. The build time on this will be a lot shorter than I thought if it's finished in Oct. I thought it would be 9-12 months but hopefully it's looking like it will only be 5 months. I just got an update from Phil that he will be starting the wolf and eagle inlays this weekend. I will post more pictures when they arrive. :-)
 #106507  by Coldshotblues

How do you like the wolf?? I bought a tiger from phil a year and half ago and love it. I can hardly put it down. I did have to replace the pu's with 3 super II's and had the unity gain installed on a push pull knob I also swapped out the 5-way. Phil is a great builder and stands behind his guitars. He even made me a "Rosebud" cap for free so I can switch between the tiger and rosebud look.
 #106572  by guitarcats

Coldshotblues wrote:How do you like the wolf?? I bought a tiger from phil a year and half ago and love it. I can hardly put it down. I did have to replace the pu's with 3 super II's and had the unity gain installed on a push pull knob I also swapped out the 5-way. Phil is a great builder and stands behind his guitars. He even made me a "Rosebud" cap for free so I can switch between the tiger and rosebud look.
Still waiting on it and its killing me. I am hoping to get it before next week so I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed until it arrives.
 #106604  by TI4-1009

Ha! We should form a club- all 36 of us! Tick, tick, tick... Figure a week? You know the drill- double it. :lol:
 #109935  by ndrewoods

guitarcats wrote:
Welcome aboard !
How long is the build ?
Thanks to all! I'm getting pretty excited about this one. This will be my 4th custom built guitar and since this one is a "Jerry" guitar it's making me crazy with the waiting, this is the guitar lesson tutorial I have wanted for years. The build time on this will be a lot shorter than I thought if it's finished in Oct. I thought it would be 9-12 months but hopefully it's looking like it will only be 5 months. I just got an update from Phil that he will be starting the wolf and eagle inlays this weekend. I will post more pictures when they arrive. :-)
That's great. Waiting for a guitar that you wanted to have for years will really make you crazy for it. So yeah, is it done? Do you mind posting some pictures?
Last edited by ndrewoods on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #109939  by guitarcats

ndrewoods wrote:
guitarcats wrote:
Welcome aboard !
How long is the build ?
Thanks to all! I'm getting pretty excited about this one. This will be my 4th custom built guitar and since this one is a "Jerry" guitar it's making me crazy with the waiting, this is the guitar I have wanted for years. The build time on this will be a lot shorter than I thought if it's finished in Oct. I thought it would be 9-12 months but hopefully it's looking like it will only be 5 months. I just got an update from Phil that he will be starting the wolf and eagle inlays this weekend. I will post more pictures when they arrive. :-)
That's great. Waiting for a guitar that you wanted to have for years will really make you crazy for it. So yeah, is it done? Do you mind posting some pictures?
nope not yet but it should be soon (finger crossed)
 #110026  by Adam Deckard

Yo guitcats would you be the man and post a bunch of photos and maybe even a vid of that guitar once you get it? I have yet to see a single person on the web show off one of those guitars. Few videos of phiga tigers around on youtube and one of the wolf, but doesnt really showcase it. My man, share with us once you receive the goods!
 #110027  by guitarcats

Adam Deckard wrote:Yo guitcats would you be the man and post a bunch of photos and maybe even a vid of that guitar once you get it? I have yet to see a single person on the web show off one of those guitars. Few videos of phiga tigers around on youtube and one of the wolf, but doesnt really showcase it. My man, share with us once you receive the goods!
Yep! I will post a video of just the guitar for some close up shots and then another video of me playing for the sounds.