Chat about Equipment Info
 #105839  by jester536

Is anyone using either of these things. Sure sounds like the Jam is far superior...and it costs twice as much. Was just interested to see if anyone had any thoughts.
Thanks.
 #106118  by zambiland

Jam all the way. Tone is better and latency is lower. It's an analog to digital converter connected to the dock port, whereas the iRig relies on the ADC built into the unit through the headphone i/o.
 #106127  by gr8fulbluz

I don't have either but i did see this today>>> guitar connect thingy.<<<
It looks similar to the Jam in the plug goes into the dock port. I dunno? I am not really in the market at this point. But someday I think i might just be. Looks like iPhone 4 and ipad 1 and 2 compatible.
This thread came to mind and just figured I would point it out.
have fun!
 #106129  by myoung6923

Check this out... It gives you the same functionality as the jam and irig but a WHOLE lot more for just a lilttle more money.

One of my favorite things is the direct out, so you can use your iPad in your effects chain.

http://www.alesis.com/iodock
 #113839  by RockProdigy

We developed the Grateful Dead europe '72 app and we've used apogee jam, iRig, Sonoma guitar jack and the iRiffPort. They all work well. It all depends on your setup.
 #113846  by eric

I've had the iRig for a while , A/D conversion is junk, as well as the unit in general. I had the fender app with upgrades for it. Once the novelty wears off, it'll get sucked into the gear I might use in the future pile, becoming worthless... Ive never used the Apogee stuff as it is def pricey compared to their competitors stuff in the mid/upper range of interfaces... But they are known for superior quality.i would get the Apogee jam...Or nothing at all ...
 #113848  by bluemule

RockProdigy wrote:We developed the Grateful Dead europe '72 app and we've used apogee jam, iRig, Sonoma guitar jack and the iRiffPort. They all work well. It all depends on your setup.
Hello! Why only Apple? I won't be buying anything Apple anytime soon. Will it be available for Windows machines?