rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #105882  by abraxa28
 Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 am
Hello! I have been a member here for a bit (although I have not posted very often or as often as I would like) and I have never formally introduced myself. I have enjoyed browsing this forum, and it really is a great and varied group of people that seem to post here. My name is Chris and I am located in Dayton, Ohio. I play guitar (currently an American deluxe Strat through a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I have not played as long as I would have liked as I got started playing a little later in life. I play in a band here in Dayton called Nine False Suns (www.ninefalsesuns.com), we play both originals and covers, and although we do not play much Grateful Dead, Jerry is a huge influence on me, and I would love to find others of like mind to jam some GD tunes, and learn as much about JG's tone as I can. Anyways if anyone is in the area hit me up I would love to jam, and if not I would love to chat about GD music and Jerry's tone ect..
 #106008  by abraxa28
 Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:43 am
Nice to meet you, and thanks!! We are still fairly new together and working out kinks and material. I like playing with those guys because we cover a lot of ground, and it seems to get better each time we play. Is there anyone here from in or around Dayton??